Universal International Studios, a division of Universal Studio Group, delivers award-winning content to millions across the globe. Based in London, the business' in-house production labels include Carnival Films, creator of worldwide phenomenon ''Downton Abbey'' and hit drama ''The Last Kingdom''; Monkey Kingdom, producer of BAFTA-winning ''Made in Chelsea'', ''The Real Housewives of Cheshire'' and ''Don't Hate the Playaz''; Australian-based Matchbox Pictures, producer of critically acclaimed series ''The Real Housewives of Melbourne'', ''Safe Harbour'', ''Stateless'' and ''Clickbait''; Working Title Television, producer of ''Tales of the City'', BAFTA-winning ''We Are Lady Parts'' and hit series ''Everything I Know About Love''; and Heyday Television, producer of award-winning series ''The Long Song'', ''The Capture'' and ''Clickbait'', plus the upcoming adaptation of ''Apples Never Fall''. The studio also backs Tony Ayres Productions (TAP), the company also behind ''Clickbait'' and anthology series ''Fires''; and owns an equity stake in Lark Productions (''The Glass Hotel'') in Canada. The studio houses a London and LA-based scripted unit that develops and produces original series such as the Emmy-nominated television adaptation ''Hanna'' and BBC family adventure drama ''Dodger'', as well as hit shows such as ''Transplant'' (Sphere Media/CTV/NBC) and the cyber-thriller ''The Undeclared War'' (Playground Entertainment/Channel 4/Peacock).
At Universal International Studios, we are focused on our commitment to a more ambitious and inclusive future.
Our company values play a huge part in this commitment and the culture of our company.
We're Ambitious For our Future, We're In This Together, We're Actively Inclusive.
We are looking for an HR Manager to support our growing International TV, Film and Theatrical Productions business out of London. You will be responsible for providing HR leadership, advice, coaching and guidance on our Productions. This role provides HR support to Physical Production, Production leadership, and contract freelance Production cast & crews. In addition, you will work with designated UK TV Production companies, identifying strategies to develop culture and engagement and delivering first-class HR service, proactively engaging on all people related activities.
Reporting into the HR Director, Production you will drive production HR strategies designed to ensure best in class contract experiences. You will embed company policy and practice whilst managing situations as they arrive during a Production. You will work with HR Production leaders in the UK & US identifying future resourcing needs and identifying new diverse talent are signing up to join us. You will work on development programs with our DEI partners to assist in engaging future talent to the Productions.
This is an exciting opportunity for someone who enjoys complex, dynamic and fast paced creative environments, where you frequently need to adapt your style and deliverables on a regular basis. The Production environment is creative and time sensitive, people will look to you to provide expert advice, proactive solutions and strong partnering on all aspects of employment or freelance engagements.
• Confident partner and problem solver with the ability to respond quickly and calmly to situations
• Build confidence with Production leaders and become partner to Unit Production Managers
• Provide daily HR support to all UK Studio Productions including heavy employee relations, training and development, compensation, staffing and recruitment, work eligibility/visa support, performance management, ad hoc reporting and compliance with HR policies and procedures
• Attend Productions on a regular basis to ensure direct access to both leadership & crews
• Partner with Employment Law and other internal HR partners to resolve situations proactively and sensitive to the time pressure
Learning & Development
• Provide coaching to employees & managers, offering feedback and advice on issues in a proactive and compassionate manner
• Help design and deploy training to productions to help them understand essential processes and the ways to partner with Human Resources
• Be a brand ambassador for the development offerings and ensure you and your Managers are fully aware of the opportunities and the overall curriculum
• Be passionate about driving key HR initiatives forward for all client groups
• Identifying opportunities for future talent and supporting the business in planning development
Best Engagement Experience
• Create an environment of positive employee relations by respecting confidentiality, establishing trust and credibility, being seen by employees as approachable and fair, and balancing business needs with employee needs
• Supporting EHS & Production leads in delivering Covid safe environments
• Working with the Production leaders and EHS, BCCM in escalating and supporting trace and track, following the appropriate channels of escalation
• Support the US based productions teams as required on testing requirements
• Ensuring both UK & US studio HR Production teams in managing best practice and consistency of approach as required and when relevant/ compliant for the UK
• Lead on ensuring compliance to our Respect In The Workplace practice & policy across all productions. Providing training and advise on Productions
• Creating and executing HR strategies designed to enhance the engagement experience for the freelance populations, particularly in driving wellbeing strategies
• Working with the HR Director and Diversity Forum Lead to deliver agreed strategies to create inclusive production environments
• Lead and assist in the co-ordination and roll out of RITW training and any future compliance training
The rest…There is a vast array of projects to lead or get involved in, there is never a quiet day in Production, and we can't wait to share them with you once you apply! You will work on day to day activity with the support of an HR Generalist.
• You will be an experienced HR business partner/ manager, able to quickly build trusted relationships, within a fast-paced dynamic environment
• You will be mobile and enjoy visiting Production sets in & around Europe
• Strong interpersonal/ organisational & critical thinking skills
• Ability to influence and manage conflict
• Resourceful and able to juggle multiple priorities with success
• You have an in-depth knowledge of employment law and experience of managing complex cases with success
• You will have experience in creating and executing HR strategies along with managing tactical priorities
• You must be able work independently in a fast-paced creative environment and meet tight deadlines
• You will be able to engage, influence and develop strong relationships with in a creative production environment
• Our organisation is heavily matrixed so the ability to navigate this, collaborate and ensure all stakeholders are communicated with is key
• Multi-tasking is crucial for this role- you will be someone that is solutions focused and able to deliver on potentially complex matters in a timely and efficient way. You'll consider attention to detail one of your strengths, working with a methodical approach, prioritising your workload and have great organisational and time management skills
• Ability to communica
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbz216-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.