Are you authentic and creative? Are you good at ad-libbing, well read, and up to date on news and what's happening across the country? NBCLX is seeking a strong personality and journalist to be an on-camera host.
We are a team of news content innovators, ready to question every step of the traditional process and willing to experiment.
Our programming is interactive and informative with the host playing an active role in planning and designing the show by bringing ideas to the table. We want someone who is ready to reinvent news.
You should be organized and motivated. Good interviewing skills and hard news knowledge is a must. You should have a passion for information and using visuals to tell a story. You should have a keen sense of judgment, able to identify relevant and trending topics ahead of the curve.
• Voice creative ideas
• Conduct live and recorded interviews on varying topics
• Research and understand complex issues with the ability to easily explain them
• Play an active role in the producing of the show
• Write stories
• Kn owledgeable on daily news events, keep up with current events and awareness of what is news
• Must ensure accuracy, integrity, ethical values and balance of news content
• Incorporate strategies for growth on broadcast and digital platforms
• Work closely with producers and news director
• Contribute story ideas; participate in daily coverage decisions and editorial meetings
• B.A. in Journalism or related field
• Minimum 3 years of reporter/anchor/host experience
• Ability to shoot and edit is preferred but not necessary
• Excellent news judgment, creative ideas and writing skills
• Ad-libbing skills are a must
• Ability to work a flexible schedule
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
• Must be willing to work at the office in Dallas, TX
• Must be willing to travel and work extended shifts and/or on weekends with short notice
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Physical requirements required to perform medium/heavy physical work which includes:
~Lifting and carrying camera equipment ranging from 15 lbs. to 50 lbs. (in camera weight) for extended periods of time to shoot on remote locations
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
Additional Job Requirements
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Eager to explore new ways of delivering content to our audience where they are and doing so in the most efficient way
• Proven track record of making content that is shareable and well suited for social consumption
• Read, write, and speak Spanish
• Strong speech skills with the ability to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations
• Demonstrated ability to solve problems, prioritize decisions, and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently in a high pressure environment
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
• Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxy2xj-3-238-136-36-42 in your application.