Talent Management Specialist, Talent Development
New York, NY
Reporting to the Chief Talent Officer, the Head of Global Talent Acquisition is responsible for defining and leading NBCUniversal's talent acquisition strategy to support the company's continued growth and transformation and strengthen the recruiting model and related programs globally. The ideal candidate will be a high impact business partner to all business units and HR leaders and identify and address talent gaps, implement cutting edge sourcing tools and processes, further build on existing and established programs around diversity and employer branding and assure highest level of service delivery and commitment to recruiting excellence across the board. The Global Head will inspire the TA team, lead by example, drive change at the right pace and ensure a performance-driven culture of accountability and collaboration at NBCUniversal.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Provide strategic direction and seamless execution of the company's global talent acquisition and recruitment efforts from entry level to experienced level hiring; deliver insight into general hiring trends across multiple disciplines within the marketplace.
• The Global Head of Talent Acquisition will deliver an enterprise-wide, cohesive and efficient recruiting strategy of excellence that also meets the unique and often, nuanced needs, of a diverse portfolio of NBCUniversal businesses.
• Continually assess and calibrate the organizational structure to ensure the team is staffed appropriately to deliver timely and high-quality service based on individual business unit demand, strategic staffing and mapping initiatives and other situational needs and circumstances.
• In close partnership with HR leaders, identify mission-critical talent gaps and develop and execute effective recruiting strategies for capturing and attracting top talent across the enterprise, as well as specialized programs for each line of business; champion the building of talent pipelines and communities for highly critical functional areas and diverse talent pools.
• Engage and drive a best-in-class diversity, equity and inclusion recruitment strategy that embraces and expands NBCU's Talent Acquisition outreach capabilities into diverse pools of talent in the marketplace. Educate, train and infuse the team with the skills needed to accomplish a fair and compliant recruiting process that believes inclusion is good business and a strategic imperative.
• Champion formal and informal efforts to enhance the overall state of internal mobility across NBCUniversal's enterprise. Improve retention and the employee experience, influence collaboration across the talent stakeholder group, and build more visibility into internal talent pools, in order to enhance the NBCU brand internally and externally.
• Lead and Performance Manage the Talent Acquisition staff (100+) to ensure collaboration with the business and HR partners to achieve hiring objectives.
• Be a Thought Leader and continually evaluate, build, develop and coach top-notch sourcing and talent acquisition professionals while fostering a recruitment culture of maximum collaboration, open communication and continuous learning. Leverage the Talent Acquisition team's combined experience, industry and business-line knowledge to cultivate and grow recruiters into subject-matter experts of both internal businesses and the competitive marketplace.
• Assess and manage a highly effective international team of recruiters in order to meet the needs of our global business; continuously evaluate and calibrate the regional process for maximum efficiency and results.
• Provide timely and constructive feedback, monitor and acknowledge the accomplishments of team and individual goals and objectives, creating a positive and inclusive culture.
• Build and nurture strong, credible relationships with HR partners, senior business line leaders, hiring managers and other critical stakeholders across the organization; act as trusted advisor and strategic expert.
• Set strategic and tactical plans for external affiliations in close partnership with HR leaders and the business.
• Partner with Talent Development, Executive Search, NBCU Corporate & Divisional Diversity leaders, NBCU Employee Resource Groups, as well as other talent stakeholders, on opportunities and synergies that benefit the overall NBCU Talent mission at large.
• Amplify NBCU's employer brand and value proposition and help position NBCUniversal as the destination of choice for top talent ranging from entry to executive levels; utilize tools and internal / external channels to create and deliver messaging, especially via mobile / social media.
• Evaluate and optimize recruitment programs, systems, processes, tools and metrics to inform / improve service delivery, reporting and sound hiring decisions; keep up-to-date on external trends and developments in the recruiting and talent industry and champion adoption and implementation of innovative and cutting-edge processes and tools.
• Within financial parameters, evaluate and manage the talent acquisition budget and operating plan on annual and real-time basis.
• Provide expertise identifying, evaluating/presenting, and negotiating, any 3rd party vendors utilized to improve recruitment efforts.
The Global Head of Talent Acquisition will be a world-class recruiting and talent leader with demonstrated success having built and led best-in-class recruiting teams and functions on a global scale. The ideal candidate will have a highly consultative mindset, an ability to balance client demand and strategic intent and an unwavering commitment to service excellence.
• Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree a plus.
• 15+ years of talent acquisition or human resources experience, with a minimum of 8 years in talent acquisition, either at a best-in-class global company or highly regarded recruiting firm.
• Demonstrated success having led a large-scale global recruiting function, having achieved best-in-class status across a number of variables, including systems and processes, candidate experience, diversity, organizational culture and internal mobility.
• Successful track record of leading a team of >25 individuals, including experience leading a global team.
• Well-developed business partner skills; able to establish credibility and rapport with operating leaders and HR Partners.
• Knowledge of OFCCP compliance, employment law and key regulations as they relate to the function.
• Exceptional influencing skills and communication skills coupled with a deep understanding of the business and talent within.
• Sense of urgency; possesses a collaborative, yet relentless approach to process improvement and team management in order to achieve unparalleled results, especially around cost, execution and service.
• Ability to collaborate with geographically matrixed HR partners across international territories; basic experience with the international landscape and awareness of cultural nuances and legislation.
• Strong business acumen and detail-orientation; exceptional communications skills an absolute must; excellent presenter, demonstrating ability and aptitude to communicate across all levels of the organization.
• Highly execution and solutions-oriented; able to align resources and teams to convey a strong vision with clarity and purpose.
• Demonstrated ability to thrive and work collaboratively in a highly matrixed environment.
• Fast learner and decisive leader with a quick mind, sound judgment and excellent problem solving / critical thinking skills.
• Prior experience across a consumer facing business highly desired.