The hayu brand
hayu is a Subscription Video on Demand service for Reality TV lovers which is wholly owned and operated by NBCUniversal. We have all the best unscripted shows from KEEPING UP WITH THE KARDASHIANS to the REAL HOUSEWIVES franchise, BOTCHED, BELOW DECK and MADE IN CHELSEA with thousands more episodes to work your way through. You can even watch your favourite shows the same day as the US!
The service is available now in twenty-seven countries with plans to launch elsewhere soon. If you live in the UK you can subscribe to hayu and watch over 350 shows on web, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire stick, Samsung TV, Amazon Channels, Apple TV and Roku.
Due to its success and rapid expansion, hayu is offering an exciting opportunity within the Operations & Programming team. We need a highly driven and detail-oriented team player who is looking to use existing skills to own and drive content fulfilment for upcoming service launches. This is a pivotal role that requires laser focus on one of hayu's main subscription drivers, 'Day & Date', which delivers express from the US each day.
This role is suited to someone with a proactive approach to problem solving and an ability to engage and drive both internal and external stakeholders with competing priorities to deliver to contractual timelines. In addition to your core role you will have the opportunity to learn about both B2B and B2C workflows, creating a unique opportunity to acquire a deeper understanding of the OTT space within a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment.
hayu Programming & Operations Manager
Reporting to Vice President, Operations & Programming
(Location London or USA)
- Oversee end-to-end content delivery workflows for 'Day & Date' shows, managing expedited workflows to multiple platforms in parallel to meet strict daily publishing deadlines.
- End-to-end metadata, image and schedule management for B2B/B2C (delivery, ingest and publishing).
- Trouble-shoot live service issues as reported by Quality Control, Customer Support, Content and Social teams escalating issues where appropriate using web-based management system, Jira, to resolution.
- Rights and availability management.
- Primary contact for localisation overseeing end-to-end workflows striving to identify sourcing efficiencies across affiliate networks.
- Support Operations & Programming with OTT Compliance deliverables, architecting metadata workflows to meet local regulatory requirements for the international market.
- As the primary contact for Quality Control you will communicate 'Day & Date' tracking requirements to enable B2B publishing metrics to be measured.
- Produce B2B content publishing reports for internal stakeholders in addition to quarterly customer-facing reporting to support and inform Commercial/Legal discussions.
- Track processing volumes to support timely approval and payment of supplier invoicing.
- Device sourcing and subscription management.
Essential Requirements & Skills
- Thorough knowledge of CMS systems and operational and localisation workflows for VOD platforms.
- Experience of identifying and implementing workflow change and improvements.
- Strong work ethic, detail oriented and exceptional troubleshooting skills
- Experience using the following tools: Slack, Teams, Google Docs, Office Suites and bespoke/custom built CMS systems. - Strong communication skills.
- Awareness of international compliance requirements an advantage.
- Proficient in Excel (must be able to use Excel lookup formulas)
- Understanding of XML feeds and basic HTML desirable
- Understanding of website structure and workflows desirable
- Ability to manage multiple requests and prioritise work to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and communicate priorities effectively to 3rd parties
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r11nm0-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.