We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
The Financial Analyst will play an integral role in the day-to-day financial operations and management for NBC4 & Telemundo44 in Washington DC, supporting the local finance team that has P&L and Balance sheet responsibility, and assisting with financial initiatives across all Mid-Atlantic Region Local businesses . This position is reporting to the Region Vice President of Finance.
• Support monthly and quarterly closing processes (e.g. analyze departmental expenses, calculate required accruals, create journal entries and ensure all expenses are captured and stated properly)
• Assist in monthly forecasting and managing revenue, operational, and capital expenses in partnership with the leadership team
• Assist in the preparation of annual budget, estimates, and long-range plan
• Assist with internal management reporting – P&L, balance sheet, Headcount
• Resolve vendor setup and payment issues – act as liaison with Accounts Payable team
• Track spending against budget and partner with the various operators to ensure spending remains within approved limits
• Participate in monthly Accounts Receivable reviews
• Work with departments on PCard and T&E card processes and expense reconciliation
• Perform periodic review of detailed expenses across the business - T&E, PCard, mobile phones
• Perform ad hoc analyses as assigned
• BA/BS Degree in finance, accounting, or related field
• Minimum of Two (2) years relevant experience in finance and accounting
• Proficient in Windows environment; Advanced Excel (Pivot Tables, VLookup, etc.) & PowerPoint skills
• Must be willing to work in Washington DC
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Knowledge in use of SAP/BW/BPC or similar accounting software preferred
• Prior experience in accounting and/or financial management in a P&L environment (revenue & expenses)
• Controllership mindset
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline driven environment with minimal supervision
• Effective communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong work ethic and positive attitude
• Must be accurate, highly organized with great attention to detail
• Must be a team player with teamwork mentality who can also work independently
• Desired characteristics
• High energy and ability to multi-task
• Excellent customer service skills
• Willingness to learn
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Strong Oral and written communication skills
• Excellent time management and organizational skills, ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
• This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $60,000 - $75,000.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyq6p3-44-192-254-173-42 in your application.