NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies. We develop, produce and market entertainment, news and information to a global market. Universal Pictures International is the international film division of Universal Filmed Entertainment Group, operating across 80+ territories.
The UPI Finance team play a key role in supporting the UPI SMT. It oversees a complex, multinational network of owned operating companies, licensees and JV's. The team will partner closely with other HQ functions, all UPI operating companies and corporate groups based in London and Amsterdam.
The UPI Finance team is committed to fostering development and engagement with all team members, and to supporting a diverse, equitable, and inclusive culture.
Planned job responsibilities are as follows but there may be some change as the team works through the optimal set up -
• Work closely with our OpCo finance teams on accounting related queries and drive process improvements and standardization across all territories.
• Monthly and quarterly closing processes, including preparing journal entries and performing account reconciliations.
• Preparation of quarter balance sheet review package and presentation to UPI CFO and Film HQ Controllership team
• Assist in the account reconciliation scoping process
• Investigate and facilitate Participation, Deloitte and Comcast internal audit queries
• Monitor compliance and effectiveness of accounting policies and procedures
• Other responsibilities include supporting master data management, management of distribution deals, and support non finance departments by providing ad hoc analysis as required.
• 2+ years of professional experience in accounting, finance, or related field
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field such as economics
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must be available to work extended hours as needed
• Excellent excel, financial analytical skills are essential
• Knowledge of Business Warehouse / SAP is a significant advantage
• Strong analytics and problem-solving skills, attention to detail and high standards in quality and accurate reporting
• Strong candidates will be well organized and able to prioritize multiple and competing priorities
• Demonstrated strong communication skills and a pro-active approach to building working relationships in a matrix environment
• Media/Entertainment distribution experience is desired
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb720e-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.