NBC UNIVERSAL INTERNATIONAL
NBC Universal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBC Universal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks.
CNBC is the world's number one business and financial news network. Its mission is to help the influential and aspirational make astute decisions to get ahead by providing live market updates, breaking news, in-depth analysis and exclusive interviews.
CNBC's vast portfolio includes CNBC.com, the online destination for global business; CNBC PRO, the network's premium subscription service that provides real-time global market data and market analysis, as well as a growing slate of live events where consumers can experience CNBC's award-winning journalism, live.
With headquarters in New Jersey, London, Singapore, and Abu Dhabi, CNBC provides a truly global 24-hour business briefing for senior business leaders, the financial community and those with assets to invest or protect. Today the channel is available in more than 392 million homes worldwide. CNBC also boasts a growing audience across its social media and digital video platforms.
Visit www.cnbc.com for more information.
The Features Producer researches, develops and produces insightful, analytical and colourful content for programming across CNBC International TV and digital services. This role collaborates closely and coordinates with the Editorial and Technical teams in CNBC International's London and Singapore newsrooms, including Senior Producers and Broadcast Operations, on overall content and production. The role is based in London and reports to the Executive Producer, International.
• Produce a variety of CNBC's feature programmes in both long and short forms.
• Demonstrate strong news judgment through research, reading and pursuing relevant and compelling stories.
• Identify and develop original and creative ideas and stories.
• Proof read, fact check and conduct due diligence on ideas and scripts submitted by other producers.
• Book and pursue top guests and work to develop new guest relationships.
• Work in close collaboration with colleagues across the newsrooms, including senior producers, news editors and anchors.
• Cooperate with other departments, especially broadcast operations and graphics, to make the best possible programming.
• Collaborate with CNBC global teams as necessary.
• Preparation of core news segments from proprietary sources or features content.
• Assignment to CNBC's live or pre-recorded events and outside broadcasts.
• Maintain and enhance CNBC's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
• A strong drive and commitment to our company values and culture
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Previous experience in TV features programming essential (proven credit citation as Producer).
• Knowledge of INews, Final Cut Pro, TV Production systems, TV graphic systems.
• Good understanding of the role of digital and social media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery.
• Capability to handle short and flexible deadlines and work in a face-paced environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• A passion or interest in business, economics, and financial markets desirable but not essential
• High standard of written English, additional languages would be beneficial.
• Eligible to work in the UK.
• Ability and willingness to travel as needed.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the Company.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8x12k-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.