Job Title: Senior Director/Director, Fair Employment Practices & Policies
NBCUniversal is one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment, news, and information to a global audience. NBCUniversal owns and operates a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, and world-renowned theme parks. NBCUniversal is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NBCUniversal is dedicated to fostering a culture grounded in principles of mutual respect. The Fair Employment Practices group serves as a key, central point of contact to address concerns raised by employees, including complaints of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. This role will be responsible for conducting, coordinating, and handling internal investigations of employment-related complaints. This role will also focus on enterprise-wide efforts to support positive employee relations, which will include the development and implementation of training programs, focus groups and other initiatives. This position will report to the VP of Fair Employment Practices & Policies based in New York.
• Investigate or oversee highly-sensitive and/or complex claims relating to allegations of harassment, discrimination, complaints about manager(s), and/or work environment in partnership with the internal Employment Law team and HR
• Prepare investigative documents and record cases in case management tool
• Communicate and report out findings to key stakeholders
• Partner with internal team to identify trends and make recommendations for training or other proactive measures
• Lead and collaborate with broader team on positive employee relations initiatives
• Create and implement new policies, procedures, and trainings as relating to respect in the workplace
• Assist with administration of the Company's integrity helpline
• Advise on and mitigate risk to the organization by addressing a variety of employment-related maters
• Ideal candidates will have significant Employee Relations or Human Resources experience or 5 years PQE as an employment lawyer in the UK, including significant experience conducting investigations
• Whilst beneficial, prior in house experience is not necessary
• Exceptional written and oral communication skills
• Strong analytic and organizational skills
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach
• Ability to identify, prioritize, and resolve issues quickly and effectively
• Experience conducting investigations in a corporate environment and ability to conduct investigations with empathy, tact, and discretion
• Ability to interface and communicate effectively with all levels of employees, managers, and executives
• Strong conflict resolution skills
• Excellent leadership, problem solving, project management, and presentation skills
• Ability to manage risk while ensuring optimal outcomes are achieved
We are proud to be a disability confident employer and we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you. Accessibility Statement | NBCUnicareers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2qkm7-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.