We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
Searching for an individual with a comprehensive understanding of English and Spanish television and digital long-format production (live and taped), proven leadership experience, outstanding written and verbal communication skills to oversee all aspects of live and pre-produced lifestyle and community programs for WTVJ and WSCV. Ideal candidate also will have existing connections and networking skills plus knowledge of editing systems, camera operation and field production. This position reports to VP, Creative Services and Community Relations.
• Oversee teams on both WTVJ and WSCV that conceptualize, shoot, edit, produce and present live and taped daily and weekly lifestyle and community non-news programs for all platforms
• Work with sales to brainstorm new ideas and coordinate existing sales integrations, to generate year-over-year revenue growth for lifestyle/non-news local programs
• Ensure that big community and station initiatives are appropriately represented in non-news programs, via multichannel platforms
• Challenge existing workflows to better utilize and maximize resources and teams across both stations in the Miami duopoly
• Oversee team schedules
• Help train and develop staff
• Work well intra- and inter-departmentally to be able to enlist additional help and resources as needed
• Ensure quality standards as it relates to legal sponsorship disclosures, fact checking and clean graphics on-air
• Serve as key point of contact on various network programming initiatives
• File compliance reports as necessary
• Additional responsibilities as assigned
• A minimum of 10 years in broadcast production (live and taped)
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work in same field.
• Bilingual English & Spanish
• Previous management or senior-level live producing experience a must.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint software.
• Adapts to change rapidly, handles multiple assignments well, functions well under pressure, and reprioritizes quickly without compromising quality.
• Successful candidate is highly organized and excels at planning and executing.
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Possess a professional approach, proven good judgment and high ethics.
• Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds, stoop, clean, bend, and reach with hands and arms
• Ability to understand big picture trends.
• Ability to negotiate.
• Ability to successfully build positive client relationships.
• Able to work a flexible schedule and shifts including evenings, overnights, weekends and holidays.
• Must be willing to work in Miramar location.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to travel between multiple markets multiple times a month and at a moments' notice in emergency situations.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Must be a self-starter, highly organized with the ability to multi-task
• Media sales knowledge and understanding
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3q6x5-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.