The Executive Producer is a leadership position overseeing the editorial, production and promotion components of the 4:30AM, 5AM, and 6 AM newscasts and related cut-ins. The Executive Producer's role is to oversee production of news content on multiple platforms, provide guidance and direction to news employees and be an active member of the news management team. The ideal candidate will know how to motivate and manage a team in producing a show that is a great marriage between content and personality. We're looking for an energetic leader who loves morning TV, embraces taking risks and wants to create an innovative product that stands out in the market. The ideal candidate knows how to effectively inspire and support a team, be a consistently high performer, and deliver clear direction and feedback each and every day.
• Conceive and execute daily programs incorporating top news stories, live reports, and trending social media topics.
• Direct and deliver production elements on a tight deadline. Manage and support on-air talent, content producers and production team.
• Review daily rundowns of stories and segments; develop future segments, stories and interviews for all platforms.
• Collaborate with marketing department on daily topical promotions.
• Cooperate and interact with NBC News and assure compliance with all relevant laws and company policy on broadcasts and news operations.
• Minimum of five years experience as a television News Producer or Executive Producer
• Bachelors degree or equivalent experience
• Must possess strong journalistic skills, be creative and have ability to write and edit broadcast copy and promotions.
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #48534BR).
• Must be willing to work in Dallas/Ft. Worth just south of DFW airport
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be able to work early mornings, late evenings and weekends as needed, at times with last-minute notification.
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Dispute Resolution program
• Demonstrated competence in newsroom computer systems including editing video and posting digital content
• Strong understanding of digital and social media platforms and ability to incorporate them into daily newscasts
• Creative approach to storytelling and problem solving
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadlines
• Proven strong leadership and management skills required
• Must be self-directed, highly organized and detail oriented
• Must function well in a fast paced, multi-cultural environment
• Ability to direct the news crew in a ''producer-driven'' environment.
• Ability to communicate effectively and work well with people while under pressure.
• Familiarity with local leaders a plus.
• Up to date on and interested in current news events
• Knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations.
• Personal initiative and ability to work with minimum supervision.
• Team player who is flexible
• High degree of integrity and professionalism.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnbxem-3-236-84-188-42 in your application.