• The Executive Producer leads reporters, producers and photojournalists.
• Collaborates with other newsroom managers, and all divisions of NBC News for special events planning as well as day-to-day coverage.
• Works with all facets of the organization, including production, IT and engineering and the newsroom as a whole to ensure the most accurate and compelling local coverage.
• Responsible for scheduling the team's production on a day-to-day and monthly basis.
• Must work closely with NBC Standards & Legal on investigative approaches and story approval process.
• Responsible for tracking coverage-related costs and ensuring fiscal responsibility in the news division.
• Works closely with Creative Services to craft promotions that attract a wide audience.
• Must embrace a fast-paced, highly-graphic, visual storytelling process.
• Must have experience with computer-assisted reporting.
- Demonstrated experience leading writers, producers and show creation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or equivalent experience.
- Experience in script approval, with strong editorial judgment.
- Bilingual English and Spanish preferred
- Strong editorial judgment as well as the ability to respond and make decisions in a breaking news situation for coverage across multiple platforms.
- Proven team player.
- Ability to multitask and work with changing priorities.
- Impeccable communications abilities with both internal and external constituents.