New York, NY
The Executive Producer must be a dynamic leader who can motivate a skilled team of reporters, producers and photographers. This morning EP manages the day-to-day news that demands a breaking news approach, as well as work the ''big-get exclusives'' and long-term projects.
The EP works with the Assistant News Director & News Director and leads the editorial content, branding and production of a news daypart. The position also works closely with the Digital lead to make sure stories are seen across multiple platforms.
- The Executive Producer leads reporters, producers and photojournalists.
- Collaborates with other newsroom managers, and all divisions of NBC News for special events planning as well as day-to-day coverage.
- Works with all facets of the organization, including production, IT and engineering and the newsroom as a whole to ensure the most accurate and compelling local coverage.
- Responsible for scheduling the team.
- Must work closely with WNBC Standards & Legal on investigative approaches and story approval process.
- Responsible for tracking coverage-related costs and ensuring fiscal responsibility in the news division.
- Works closely with Creative Services to craft promotions that attract a wide audience.
- Must embrace a fast-paced, highly-graphic, visual storytelling process.
- Must have experience with computer-assisted reporting.
• Demonstrated experience leading writers, producers and show creation.
• Bachelor's Degree in Broadcast Journalism or equivalent experience.
• Experience in script approval, with strong editorial judgment.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered for the position.
• Must be willing to work in New York.
• Must be willing to work every shift.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• NBCUniversal prefers that applicants have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
• Demonstrated Leadership and Management of a news team.
• Strong editorial judgment as well as the ability to respond and make decisions in a breaking news situation for coverage across multiple platforms.
• Proven team player.
• Ability to multitask and work with changing priorities.
• Impeccable communications abilities with both internal and external constituents.