El Paso, TX
• Work directly with News Director, Assignment Editor, Producers, Anchors, MMJ's and production crews in
overall news content production.
• Supervise editorial content of all news products on multi-platform deliveries.
• Work on news staff scheduling and long-range planning.
• Work with News Director on sweeps calendar planning and production.
• Supervise assignment desk, news producers and news production staff.
• Work with MMJ, anchors and reporters to improve story content, style and presentation.
• Editing skills to edit video clips, packages and news content for news casts and digital media.
• Able to write news scripts, promotional teasers, headlines and topicals.
• Will serve as a back-up producer and assignments editor as needed.
• Responsible for overseeing Investigative Unit Telemundo Responde by checking scripts and working closely
With legal and standards.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism.
• 2 to 4 years Executive News Producer experience.
• Able to work a Flexible Schedule and Shifts, including weekends and evenings.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com.
• Ability to speak, read and write fluently in Spanish.
• Ability to understand and communicate in English.
• Proven management skills.
• Must be willing to work in El Paso, TX.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be highly flexible and comfortable multi-tasking.
• Must have active driver's license and excellent driving record.
• Adept at working in a team setting under tight deadlines.
• Strong problem-solving skills.
• Desire to explore and create new content avenues and models.
• Non-linear editing experience.
• Knowledge of I-News.
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines and successfully manage multiple assignments concurrently.
• Great skills timing the show and ability to overcome unforeseen challenges while on air.
• Proven ability to multi-task and work under pressure; off or on the air
• Strong news judgment and journalistic skills a must.
• Strong interpersonal skills: Must be energetic, motivated and work well with others
• Proactive thinker/self-starter.
• Detail oriented.
• Quick thinker.
• Strong communication skills, including verbal and interpersonal.
• Knowledge of digital and new media platforms and integration (Web, Mobile, Social Media).
• Strong command and understanding of APC Systems (Automated Production Control Systems).