We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBC is seeking an innovative and dynamic leader to spearhead our dayside coverage and drive editorial decisions for our esteemed Los Angeles station. As a pivotal member of our team, you will not only oversee newsroom operations but also supervise editorial content across various platforms. The ideal candidate will possess exceptional news judgment and strong management skills, ensuring the delivery of high-quality, timely, and impactful news coverage. Reporting directly to the VP of News for KNBC, this role offers a unique opportunity to shape the narrative of one of the nation's leading news outlets. Join us and be at the forefront of shaping the future of journalism in the digital age.
• Oversee daily editorial coverage, ensuring competitiveness across all platforms, especially during breaking news events.
• Edit scripts meticulously to uphold factual integrity and maintain consistent style standards.
• Collaborate with newsroom leadership, NBC Owned Television stations, and NBC News for special events planning and day-to-day coverage coordination.
• Schedule editorial staff effectively to ensure comprehensive news coverage.
• Participate in performance evaluations for assigned editorial staff, in collaboration with the VP of News.
• Contribute to NBC4's recruitment efforts and facilitate new employee orientation when necessary.
• Monitor market trends, develop and implement content and format changes, and communicate the vision to the team.
• Collaborate with Creative Services to create promotions that resonate with a wide audience.
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field, or equivalent work experience
• Minimum 5 years of experience in news management or 7 years of main show producing in a top 10 market
• Proficiency in working with the latest newsroom technologies (both hardware and software
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends, holidays, and overnights
• Bilingual in Spanish desired but not required
• Experience in selecting, managing, developing, and motivating a team of experienced editorial news professionals
• Capability to help set and communicate newsroom policies
• Willingness and ability to work long hours, late nights, and weekends as required
• Must be willing to work at the station in Los Angeles, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must Accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
Salary: $125,000 to $175,000 DOE
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj46m2-44-197-101-251-42 in your application.