NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBCUniversal Global Distribution is responsible for the sales and distribution of NBC Universal products to all forms of television and new media platforms in over 200 territories across the globe, its revenue portfolio exceeding $7Bn per year. This includes a rich library of more than 4,400 feature films and 120,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world.
The International Digital Distribution & Global Content Strategy team is responsible for the digital distribution of this content, through licensing SVOD, TVOD, EST and AVOD rights for all markets outside the US and Canada, as well as for overseeing global content strategy in partnership with the various production company stakeholders.
The EA to the EVP, Digital Distribution & Global Content Strategy is responsible for supporting all day to day activity undertaken by the EVP. This will include administrative duties such as diary management, travel arrangements, expense reports. The role will also include the preparation of presentations, significant work on Excel, tracking of key departmental initiatives and any other work required by the EVP. There will also be considerable direct liaison with clients and senior stakeholders as required. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity for career growth outside of the traditional EA role. The successful candidate will also need a passion for content and will be required to be fully up to date with the NBCU film & series output.
• Provide day to day support to all aspects of EVP role
• Ensure all actions are prioritized and followed up by the EVP
• Establish a workflow for tracking and managing deal priority documents to capture overall team priorities
• Liaise directly with external clients and internal senior stakeholders to ensure key deliverables are achieved
• Coordinate special projects across the TVD team as required
• Play a key role in creating and building presentations for the wider team including PowerPoint slides, preparing and integrating financial data into presentations, incorporating multi-media materials (video, music, web content etc)
• Coordinate input from the sales team on our sales solutions efforts for TV Series including tracking and updating pitch materials for clients
• Act as key liaison with the finance team including sourcing data, compiling information and updating budget documents
• Event planning: organizing and arranging meetings including international events
• Minute taking at various meetings
• First point of contact on all external matters including call screening, processing mail/post, meeting requests and responding where appropriate
• Establish and maintain positive relationships with internal and external clients
• Making travel arrangements and collecting travel documentation and receipts
• Preparing and processing expense reports, and ensuring timely settlement of Corporate Credit Cards
• Managing diaries, scheduling and coordinating internal and external meetings, conference calls and other activities as required
• Word-processing documents, including letters and Excel spreadsheets
• Establish and maintain office files, ensuring timely filing of documents
• Other ad-hoc secretarial support e.g. printing, binding materials and photocopying etc
• Expertise & tracking on key film & series output, which may also include reading scripts, providing product summaries
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above descriptions and may be modified at any time by the Department or NBCUniversal.
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or 2+ years in an assistant role supporting an executive
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• A passion for TV & Film content is essential
• High interest in digital technologies & opportunities
• Interest and experience related to international markets is a plus
• Demonstrable capability in supporting senior executives within fast moving international organizations
• Professional and confident style in dealing with all levels of staff (including very senior management) and 3rd parties
• Must have excellent communication skills including report/letter writing and excellent telephone manner
• Resilient and Resourceful - must be able to work effectively with the minimum of supervision
• Ability to research and source ad-hoc information independently
• Strong sense of initiative with the ability to multitask, and anticipate executive needs, using a proactive and energetic style
• Excellent attention to detail, and the ability to deliver as promised
• Excellent Microsoft office skills (Excel & PowerPoint in particular) are essential
• Can do attitude, positive, honest, reliable and energizing;
• Be available and approachable;
• Able to plan work on his/her own initiative and to tight deadlines;
• Proactive attitude, be on top of the work and team priorities to anticipate needs;
• Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information in a discrete manner
• Ability to plan and manage a complex schedule several months ahead of time.
This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
This position is eligible for company-sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $45,000 to $58,500.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1496y-18-205-26-39-42 in your application.