Freelance Editor -NBC Local
PLEASE NOTE: This is a project / limited term position with an estimated duration of up to 12 months, unless otherwise amended or terminated as deliverables within this project are completed.
The right candidate will be working at our state of the art technologically advanced media facility. You will be editing creative, compelling, long, and short form content across sports and news. Working with producers and the edit team to ensure all standards are met for content on our air. Remote work is an option.
• Edit content using Adobe Premiere and Dalet OneCut.
• Knowledge of sports with a focus on New England sports.
• Working under quick turn deadlines
• Understanding of news workflows
• Work on a variety of shows including Pre and Postgame shows
• Punctual, regular and dependable attendance
• Promote & exhibit teamwork within a positive work environment
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 1+-year experience working in a fast-paced television broadcast environment, Knowledge of broadcast news workflows and technology. Use of non-linear editing using postproduction software (Adobe Premiere)
• Must have the consistent ability to organize and manage shifting priorities under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Multi-tasking and adapting quickly to change are necessary traits
• Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate with all levels within the organization and with external vendors.
• Requires adaptability, enthusiasm, initiative, ability to handle criticism, even temperament and a positive approach to problem solving. Ideal candidates must exhibit leadership qualities in a collaborative environment. Must be dependable, a self-starter and operate consistently with a high degree of accuracy. Must also be able to work independently without direct supervision.
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be able and willing to work to work any 24x7 shift, willingness to work long hours and on weekends and holidays with short notice and be flexible with schedule changes. Must be willing to work in severe weather emergencies
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Bachelor's Degree with a concentration in television production or equivalent experience preferred
• Hands on experience with Dalet newsroom system or comparable newsroom systems
• Working knowledge of the post-production process from media acquisition to playback for air
• Experience working digital media file formats, such as .XML, .MOV, .DV, .PSD, etc., and file conversion
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office software, as well as other digital production software such as Adobe Premiere, Photoshop, After Effects, Vantage, Latakoo and file share systems
• Bi-lingual English/Spanish proficiency a plus
• Must demonstrate ability to remain calm under pressure, and think critically
• Self-motivated, highly creative, forward-thinking individual
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk1evk-18-232-179-5-42 in your application.