The distribution analyst is an integral member of the Universal domestic theatrical distribution team. This position will support the domestic distribution executive team in forecasting and analyzing box office grosses for both Universal and competitor's films. The qualified candidate will have strong analytical and statistical skills and be able to parse large amounts of data. In addition, the candidate will have a passion for the motion picture business, box office information and interest in Social Media.
• Support SVP and VP Distribution by developing estimates, projections and decay models for domestic box-office grosses based on analysis of past performance of comparable films.
• Using historical film performance, develop relevant statistics for Universal's film openings based on each film's characteristics (e.g. rating, genre, time of year)
• Provide key support in forecasting and reporting film gross information by utilizing comScore, eCinesys and other external and internal databases.
• Assist with maintaining film release calendar. Develop external/internal contacts to compile information for internal databases.
• Analyze and organize movie gross data in order to optimize reporting for weekend box office estimations
• Continually maintain and revise distribution reports
• Estimate early morning movie grosses during the week
• Set up and maintain short-term and long-term forecasts for all wide films
• Research, organize and participate in a variety of inter-departmental projects
• Support team with presentations for senior management
• Bachelor's Degree, Finance or related field.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in finance.
• Advanced Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Power BI proficiency.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Strong analytics and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated initiative.
• Outstanding interpersonal skills, team ethic, and the ability to interact with all levels of management.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize work assignments and work well under pressure.
• Must be accurate, highly organized with great attention to detail.
• As required -early mornings, weekends, evenings and holidays necessary
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzkey2-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.