Program Manager, Technology Partnership Delivery
The Director, Technical Programs & Media Systems will be responsible for driving the end-to-end delivery of strategic epics, features and stories on Technical Operations programs and projects. The Director will also be responsible for working in close partnership with Product, Engineering, Operations, and other Technical Teams directing program managers who manage core activities including scrum leadership on sprints, planning, scheduling, requirements gathering, validation, documentation, and release management.
• Strategizes, implements, and maintains program initiatives and activities that adhere to the departments mission, short term and long-term goals, and broader organizational objectives
• Develops benchmarks and assessment protocols for evaluation and improvement
• Coordinates the work of multiple operational teams ensuring program goals are reached as quickly and efficiently as possible
• Maintains organizational standards of satisfaction, quality, and performance
• Manages budget and budget codes of Operational Epics for maximum productivity
• Develops new programs to support the strategic direction of the organization.
• Performs a program manager's role demonstrating leadership at the Epic macro level while supporting Agile best practices at the team level
• Leads, advocates, applies, enforces, and maintains agile best-practices in planning, coordination, documentation development and organization, risk management, implementation, testing, and validation
• Manages a team with a diverse array of talents and responsibilities to ensure the program's success as a whole
• Ensures that all aspects of program Epic cost, quality, timing, and scope meet business requirements
• Directs the planning and execution of tasks within multiple Epics, tasks dependent on one another to meet the goals traced for achieving larger organizational goals successfully
• Organizes and facilitate program increment planning sessions
• Facilitates routine stand-up meetings to ensure the team aligns on daily goals and objectives
• Plans and executes sprint-based delivery schedules
• Develops and communicates Epic plans and timelines
• Assists development organization during the implementation, integration, verification, and certification phases of an Epic to help mediate discrepancies and communicate decisions back to Executive Management
• Ensures external teams align with all goals and objectives; ensure complete transparency between internal and external teams.
• Conducts regularly scheduled project team meetings to review progress, discuss critical issues, make decisions, refine plans, and keep team members informed of changes in requirements and the development plan to ensure complete alignment with the program strategy.
• Identifies impediments and assists the team with removing roadblocks to ensure successful sprint-based deliveries.
• Provides support and guidance to the project teams fostering teamwork, improving communications, providing suggestions and advice regarding better ways to accomplish objectives
• Identifies and pro-actively manages program risks and keep project teams.
• Establishes and maintains essential program documentation
• Holds retrospective sessions and gives a clear vision of the lessons learned to prevent repeating past mistakes.
• Ensures management of a fully groomed backlog exists
• Develops, updates, and maintains the Technical Operations SharePoint site with all departments and Epics strategy, current updates, reports, and document library.
• Manages program and project teams for optimal return-on-investment, and coordinate and delegate cross-project initiatives
• Analyzes, evaluates, and overcomes program risks, and produce program reports for management.
• Works under the direct supervision of the VP, Technical Operations and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by manager as needed.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in Broadcast and Media Production
• Minimum 3 years of experience managing project teams & technical project management
• Exhibits understanding of project management methodologies, Resource Management and workflow distribution, Procurement Management, & Change Control Management
• Proven experience with Office 365 (Sharepoint, Teams, Power BI, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Power Automate, and more), Program Management Tools (Smartsheets, Jira), & Diagram Design Tools (Visio, Omni Graffle, Lucidchart)
• Technical knowledge of various Software Development and Media and Entertainment:
o Software development life cycle
o Video formats and codecs
o Video Editing
o Audio format and codecs
o Audio Editing & Mixing
o Live Broadcast
o Media Storage
o Closed Caption
o Asset Metadata
o Production Asset Management
o Media Asset Management
o Digital Asset Management
o Rights Management
o OTT Platforms and VOD Content
o Distribution Specifications and Content Rights
o Software Licenses and SLAs
o Media Composer
o Media Central Cloud UX
o Interplay Access
o Adobe Products (Premier, Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects, Media Encoder, and others)
o Pro Tools and other audio tools
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be willing to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be available to work (whenever necessary for show production) early mornings, evenings, holidays and weekends
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Fluency in English & Spanish is preferred
• Exceptional leadership, time management, facilitation, and organizational skills
• Self-starter who exhibits ownership on assigned tasks and who will push for solutions that solve immediate problems while building towards long-term goals
• Ability to multitask and work in a fast paced, dead-line driven environment
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail
• Ability to build rapport with clients and manage expectations
• Ability to effectively be flexible in approach, and respond well to pressure
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvo68j-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.