Sr. Analyst, Agency Partnerships Sales Strategy
New York, NY
As advertisers continue to embrace digital media, the need for media companies to effectively manage their ad inventory grows dramatically. The ability for Account Executives and Sales & Planning management to know what is available, and when, is essential to the business process. The NBCUniversal Digital Media Sales Inventory team provides the highest level of ''sales intelligence'' while maintaining business flow and ensuring the most effective use of our ad inventory.
The Director, One Digital Video Inventory will be part of a team responsible for planning & yield management, forecasting & analyzing inventory and optimizing campaigns across a diverse set of video and display products across our premium NBC Universal Digital properties to ensure client delivery & revenue maximization. This role will have also focus on our News properties – Today, NBC News, MSNBC & CNBC -, working collaboratively with a range of cross-functional partners such as network & site leaders, research, planning, sales & ad ops. The Director will manage a team of Analysts responsible for the day-to-day support of the planning team and allocation and approval of inventory avails.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Provide strategic oversight and manage a team of Inventory Analysts who review advertising proposals/revision requests for the efficient allocation of inventory for campaigns running on our premium content - NBC, Peacock, Bravo, USA, Syfy, E!, Oxygen, Access Hollywood, Telemundo, NBC Universo, CNBC, NBC News, MSNBC and Today.
• Develop and distribute forecasting, insights & analytics that fuel monetization opportunities of our ad inventory across all NBC News Group vertical content.
• Collaborate with the sales and planning leadership team in providing strategic recommendations, with analytical support, on packaging products & inventory utilization.
• Act as a lead on campaign risk reporting and alleviation, providing counsel on ways to mitigate risk on active campaigns, working with Analysts, Ad Ops and Planning/DSRs.
• Partner with Inventory peers and the VP to evaluate, assess and implement any/all new planning & inventory management tools and systems.
• Hire, on-board, train, coach and develop talent at the Analyst level. Delegate tasks such as maintenance of key tools on processes and assign and oversee side projects.
• Act as support for Analysts on complicated inventory requests or when levels are not meeting advertiser spend.
• Partner with Research, Finance and Network/Site team contacts to develop, review and analyze bi-annual inventory forecasts during key budget and estimate timeframes, ensuring all inventory and traffic metrics/assumptions are aligned.
• Forecast, monitor and recommend appropriate inventory levels for site sections where inventory cannot be reliably predicted (new sponsorship packages, new partnerships to be on-boarded, event sponsorships, etc.)
• Provide planning team with sizing of audience and sponsorship-based products so they can make effective RateCard decisions.
• Collaborate with the Ad Solutions team to identify challenges with inaccurate tags and where page views/streams are misaligned with impressions.
• Continuously look for process improvements that improve efficiencies and share with broader Inventory and Planning teams.
• Handle all ad hoc requests that may surface in a timely, efficient manner.
• Bachelor's degree required
• Experience in online media (5-7+ years) with specific experience in inventory, planning, operations, and/or yield management preferred.
• Knowledge of financial and operational principles specifically related to digital ad sales
• Knowledge of ad-serving systems (Google Ad Manager, Freewheel, Operative One or other OMS)
• Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. High proficiency in advanced Excel functionality (pivot tables, v-lookups, etc.)
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must be willing to be submit a background investigation
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• A strong ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills and demonstrate ability to work with a broad range of internal and external clients.
• Well organized and good attention to detail.
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills/team oriented.
• Strong computer skills, especially in Excel, Power Point, and Word.
• Ad Serving software (Freewheel, GAM, Operative-1) and tracking knowledge a plus.
• Strong analytical and creative skills.
• Attraction to continuous change and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a continuously changing environment
• High energy and teamwork mentality a must.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gwb4yp-35-172-111-71-42 in your application.