Manager, Platform Editorial
Universal City, CA
• Develop compelling content for a variety of our digital platforms including our NBCLA.com and Telemundo52.com sites, mobile app, over the top streaming platforms & social media accounts.
• Drive online traffic and build engagement to the NBCLA and Telemundo52 brands.
• Partner with the newsroom and other departments to grow our digital audience and serve as the dedicated champion for our digital voice.
• Collaborate across departments including news, sales and marketing to think strategically but execute tactically.
• Provide insight on our online brand identity, as well as offer constructive critique on usability, design, and content and conversion analytic metrics.
• Partner with national teams to support both local and divisional tentpole efforts.
• Act as an inspirational leader to motivate, retain and attract staff to our newsroom.
• Bring a healthy, competitive spirit that fosters a desire to be the market leader.
• Bachelor's degree
• Minimum 4 years of experience in digital platform management or local news team operational role
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends, holidays
• Strong interpersonal & organizational skills
• Strong Bilingual - verbal & written communication skills in English and Spanish
• Demonstrated ability to be a manager that people naturally follow
• Good journalism/editorial judgment
• Demonstrated ability to multi-task and execute on assigned initiatives
• Strong analytical skills: attention to detail, streamline, analyze, and present data to assist
with management & divisional reporting and assist with strategic recommendations
• Strong knowledge of digital, social media and emerging media technologies
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to work well with all levels of station management are highly desired