Universal City, CA
The role is part of the Commercial FP&A function located in Universal City, Los Angeles, and sits within a $1.5bn revenue generating, worldwide, home entertainment distributor. The Director, Commercial FP&A is responsible for overseeing key areas of commercial finance, and will be a leader in advising on big-picture business decisions for the team and implementing process improvements. Highly cross-functional across other Universal Pictures finance teams as well as marketing and sales teams within the organization.
• Lead on special projects and advise the Senior Director and VP of Commercial Finance on process improvements, efficiencies and make big-picture business recommendations.
• Oversee slate planning and reporting for global physical and domestic digital new release titles.
• Supervise the development and maintenance of decay curves and sales forecasting models, partnering with domestic and international territories to forecast title and studio performance and benchmark vs. industry.
• Consolidate 10-year film ultimates for global and domestic physical businesses for presentation to executive management and Universal Pictures finance leads.
• Partner with the global catalog team to consolidate and analyze studio catalog performance including drafting reports, variance analyses and insights.
• Ensure all commercial reporting for global operating companies are developed, maintained, published and producing business insights and analysis.
• Fulfill ad hoc reporting requirements to executive management, functional leaders and NBC-Universal stakeholders, and provide support to operating companies as required.
• Train, develop, and manage a direct report to assist with the above duties.
• Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related area.
• Minimum 8 years financial management experience and partnering with business teams to drive results preferred.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Experience of media/entertainment preferred.
• Analytical mindset with expertise in leveraging financial data and other KPI's to drive growth.
• Ability to work across multiple functions and drive change.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, with ability to present to Senior Executives.
• MBA highly preferred.
• Proven leadership skills and prior experience managing a team