As a key member of the International Head Office Creative Communication Team your primary role is to oversee the development of all creative communication materials for assigned titles within the international film slate. Your role will work closely with the heads of the creative team, the SMT and the domestic creative team and will be part of the international voice in the creative process identifying when and where we will need to create a bespoke creative communication strategy. Additionally you will work in conjunction to support the creative lead on major franchise titles.
• Develop the creative and positioning strategy on each assigned title in conjunction with the department heads and senior management. Responsible for developing the creative section of the Marketing Strategy Guide and Marketing Communication Strategy Guide for assigned titles
• You will work independently to develop and deliver the full international creative campaign on assigned titles within deadline and budget, including strategic oversight of social and digital materials
• You will take the lead on complex campaign decisions with minimal oversight, and take direct responsibility for meeting campaign deadlines and the expectations of senior management
• Use exceptional relationship skills to work with and have an influential voice and credibility with International executives, filmmakers, the domestic marketing team and studio decision makers
• Present the creative strategy to senior territory teams at international conferences in London, Los Angeles, Asia and Latin America as required. You will deputise for the department heads when required
• Provide accurate, detailed and relevant briefs to third party agencies and ensure that all creative materials are approved by all stakeholders, both external and internal including any relevant legal clearances
• Communicate the creative strategy on each title effectively to all territory teams and develop bespoke territory materials where required. Work in partnership with territories to make sure that creative strategies are implemented and run effectively to deadline and budget
• Build close working relationships across all levels and departments of the filmed entertainment team in London and LA and across multiple cross divisions including Consumer Products, US Partnerships, Home Entertainment and New Media
• Provide detailed task management to the junior team on a project basis and display clear management of discrete project based teams
• Mentor the junior team offering pastoral guidance, development advice and inspiration. Share areas of expertise openly
• Work closely with the Social Creatives to oversee the creation of social assets on allocated titles and ensure these maintain the positioning and brand integrity
• Work closely with the domestic team, media team and publicity team to deliver industry-leading trailer breaks including appropriate supporting materials
• Work across marketing disciplines with the media team, publicity team, research team and partnerships team in order to assure alignment on creative positioning, to collaborate meaningfully and drive innovation and ambition across our marketing campaigns
• Work in partnership with the creative servicing team to ensure creative materials are distributed to each territory within deadline and budget
• Set and manage budgets for all allocated titles, work with the finance team as necessary to ensure accurate reporting
• Actively look for innovations and improvements to process in order to streamline work flow and find efficiencies
• Responsible for the management of finishing of AV and print materials on assigned titles and on titles where supporting the department head, with particular focus on achieving delivery deadlines
Ownership – you cut through complexity and create simple frameworks that everyone can understand. You take responsibility for team objectives and foster that approach in others. You help others change their perspective. You assess the risk of delegation and pass on responsibility appropriately. You know when and how to challenge insufficient use of resource.
Pioneering Spirit – you are always one step ahead and build relationships with clients in anticipation of changes. You create processes with your team with the client viewpoint in mind. You anticipate events that could impact key deliverables and find ways around them. You know how to go above and beyond to ensure client satisfaction and you do so regular basis. You are always communicating with clients and the team to keep an honest dialogue in place. You ensure that changes are captured to bring longer term business benefits.
Teamwork – you turn input and ideas from others in to decisions and make ideas a reality. You create opportunities for collaboration with others and encourage ideas and opinions to be heard. You have a wide network and consider the different needs and styles of others. You are flexible in your approach so that you can get the best out of every situation. You always celebrate people's success and take time to recognise people's accomplishments.
Creativity – You take the lead to generate ideas and encourage others to take part too. You look for ways to contribute to making change effective across the business and keep one eye on the sustainable success of the business. You use your networks across teams and businesses to do so. You always look for new improvements in your work and tackle situations that can be tricky with a creative problem solving approach.
Integrity – you ensure accuracy by setting a good example as well as overseeing others high standard of work. You always look for ways to improve systems and processes to improve the quality of data. You are comfortable talking about feedback to improve team performance and spread best practice. You are passionate about people learning from their experiences and build in systems and processes to the tem that make sure this happen.
• A Bachelors Degree
• 6+ years of experience in movie advertising
• Must be willing to work at the Universal Studios location
• Must be 18 years or older
• A working knowledge of or training in SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Entourage, Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator a plus
• Personable, highly energetic, organized, self-starter who wishes to excel in the field of Entertainment Advertising
• Able to handle and prioritize numerous tasks and meet deadlines, even under stressful conditions
• A familiarity with the Universal Pictures environment is preferred but an ability to adapt to a variety of situations is equally important
• Training in music, creative writing, graphics, or editorial is a bonus, as well as an ability to speak or understand any foreign languages
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g33en5-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.