NBCUniversal International Distribution is responsible for the distribution of NBCUniversal product to all forms of television and new media outside of the US and Canada. This includes a rich library of more than 4,000 feature films and 100,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. International Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
The Director, Business & Legal Affairs will be part of a team handling negotiation and documentation of (and advice related to) content license/distribution agreements and related agreements and matters involving the Global Distribution team and business (including distribution aspects of commissioning, coproduction and cofinancing transactions and arrangements).
• Draft and negotiate contracts, including primarily agreements relating to the licensing of film and television content for television and ''digital'/''new media'' customers worldwide in various media (including free, basic and pay television, SVOD, PPV/VOD, EST and other media).
• Advise and coordinate with sales executives, marketing, technology experts and administrative personnel to identify and resolve business and legal issues (including issues relating to contract interpretation) and provide ongoing counsel, advice, and support.
• Provide oversight of general legal and business practices and standards and oversight of certain litigation matters.
• Provide oversight of regulatory and other legal compliance matters relating to content distribution.
• Direct other special projects and perform other related duties as assigned by management.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time by the company.
• Must possess a JD from top-tier law school.
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience, including corporate/transactional experience at a major law firm as well as ideally experience performing responsibilities similar to the above in an in-house environment.
• Member of California bar or other US state bar required.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or must undergo regular COVID-19 testing if Company determines your job position requires accessing an NBCUniversal worksite.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Demonstrated, proven drafting and negotiation skills.
• Strong strategist who can present, develop, and guide negotiations through to closure.
• Previous experience in licensing entertainment product is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a range of personalities and styles and to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
• A persuasive communicator with a vision.
• Ability to recognize and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a close-knit team.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated initiative, self-starter and accountable.
• Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbe4nk-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.