NBCUniversal Global Distribution is responsible for the sales and distribution of NBC Universal product to all forms of television and new media platforms in over 200 territories across the globe, its revenue portfolio exceeding $5Bn per year. This includes a rich library of more than 4,200 feature films and 110,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. NBCUniversal Global Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
The Director, Business & Legal Affairs will be part of a team handling negotiation and documentation of (and advice related to) content license/distribution agreements and related agreements and matters involving the Global Distribution team and business (including distribution aspects of commissioning, coproduction and cofinancing transactions and arrangements).
• Draft and negotiate contracts, including primarily agreements relating to the licensing of film and television content for television and ''digital'/''new media'' customers worldwide in various media (including free, basic and pay television, SVOD, PPV/VOD, EST and other media).
• Advise and coordinate with sales executives, marketing, technology experts and administrative personnel to identify and resolve business and legal issues (including issues relating to contract interpretation) and provide ongoing counsel, advice and support.
• Provide oversight of general legal and business practices and standards and oversight of certain litigation matters.
• Provide oversight of regulatory and other legal compliance matters relating to content distribution.
Direct other special projects and perform other related duties as assigned by management.
• Must possess a JD from top-tier law school
• Minimum 3 years of professional experience, including corporate/transactional experience at a major law firm as well as ideally experience performing responsibilities similar to the above in an in-house environment.
• Member of California bar or other US state bar required
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Demonstrated, proven drafting and negotiation skills.
• Strong strategist who is able to present, develop and guide negotiations through to closure.
• Previous experience in licensing entertainment product is a plus.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a range of personalities and styles and to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
• A persuasive communicator with a vision.
• Ability to recognize and respond quickly and pragmatically to urgent situations.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as part of a close-knit team.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable.
• Demonstrated ability to assume greater responsibility as circumstances dictate
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rznzmq-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.