SportsEngine is hiring a Director of Advertising and Sponsorship Sales who will be a key driver and resource in developing and executing its digital monetization strategy. This professional will work cross-functionally with the sales, product development, and marketing teams to build innovative advertising and sponsorship concepts, generate sales and secure renewals, and execute integrated campaigns and programs across SportsEngine's portfolio of products and platforms. This person will have an eye on revenue driving, best-in-class opportunities that utilize and bundle assets across the organization to create unique packages and offerings that create value for advertisers/sponsors, customers/users, and SportsEngine.
Director of Advertising and Sponsorship Sales Key Responsibilities:
• Collaborate across business functions to develop, establish, and execute the company's advertising and sponsorship strategy.
• Lead the advertising and sponsorship sales team -- establish and manage direct reports to monthly, quarterly, and annual targets; coaching and long-term develop of team members
• Liaise with the product development and marketing teams to ideate and create sponsorship concepts, assets, and inventory.
• Generate sales opportunities, prepare and present accurate and comprehensive sales pitches/presentations, and establish close business relationships with all levels of clients.
• Own, manage and develop relationships with clients, agencies, and advertisers and provide support to the advertising operations and account teams in securing renewals from current advertisers and sponsors.
• Assist in building the advertising and sponsorship budget plan and operational model and own delivery against monthly, quarterly, and annual business goals.
• Manage executive contact with NBC staff, industry influencers, and strategic partners.
• Identify growth opportunities and strategies to meet company goals.
• Other duties as assigned
• 5+ years of experience in sponsorship and/or advertising sales, preferably in digital media, and a track record as a leader, collaborator, and innovator.
• Demonstrated experience in building and running high performance sales teams.
• Strong knowledge of the digital media business -- content, display, and video advertising -- and fluency in the language of digital media and online measurement: impressions, CTR, CPMs, eCPMs, uniques, page views, visits, etc.
• Experience in developing creative marketing strategies and presentations.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to articulate clearly and effectively with senior level stakeholders.
• Experience in a matrixed organization and collaborating across key cross-functional roles that can include Strategic Planning, Business Development, Content, Advertising Operations, and Product Management.
• Demonstrated ability to leverage market research tools and data to translate information into successful sales and business narratives
• Strong analytic, strategic problem-solving and decision-making skills; ability to break down complex problems and formulate plans.
• Proficiency with Salesforce, or similar CRM experience, is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d872em-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.