NBCUniversal's Advertising Platforms & Operations team is responsible for segmentation and targeting for the advanced advertising products. This includes digital, CTV, Addressable and Data driven linear products. The director will manage a team of data targeting analyst that will both create segments and source them externally for advertising campaigns. The Director will also assist in new vendor identification and negotiation of new data sources & processing vendors. The director will also support the product development team, strategy and planning teams and participate in the product development, project management, and day-to-day operations of NBCUniversal's full advertising technology suite. The division services both internal and external customers in support of NBCUniversal's $8B annual advertising business.
The Customer Solutions team within Advertising Platforms & Operations is responsible for the development and distribution of the products that make up NBCUniversal's AdSmart advanced advertising suite. We are tightly integrated with the Platform Solutions, Data Architecture, Supply Enablement, and Product Marketing teams and regularly work with Technology and Operations. The Director of Targeting & Data Operations will support targeting operations and vendor data sourcing and processing for all AdSmart data enabled products, including linear, Addressable/Inventory modernization and cross-platform capabilities for national and local. These data-driven advertising solutions are paramount in sustaining and growing NBCUniversal's Advertising & Partnerships.
NBC Universal is looking for a strong Analytic and segmentation leader to drive customer innovation and high-growth to provide targeting and segmentation automation for advanced advertising products with in our our data-enabled ad offering. The ideal candidate is a highly collaborative passionate about data and advertising innovation. The ideal candidate cares about customers, understand the value of the user privacy, the impact on the business and the importance of the experience surrounding advertising. This position is based in our New York office.
What you'll do:
• As part of the Advertising Platforms & Operations (AP&O) team you will be an owner of NBCUniversal data-enabled core product targeting, segmentation, analytics and data sourcing and processing..
• Automate and scale segmentation and targeting operations for all AdSmart/Advanced advertising products, including digital, CTV, Addressable and Data driven Linear.
• You will think holistically about our data enabled product offerings, our cross-supply targeting and measurement capabilities, and how the strategy fits into the larger ecosystem of distributed content and media platform industry.
• You will closely collaborate with Engineering, Sales, planning and sourcing to define, specify and drive the execution of NBCUniversal product plan, segmentation and data offering.
• You will track success by using key performance indicators and consistently test, evaluate fundamental metrics and identify innovation opportunity(ies).
• You will work cross-functionally and help lead conversation amongst key stakeholders and collaborators across the organization to build and execute product targeting strategy Leveraging market insights and customer feedback to create, plan and build compelling solutions leveraging the full-strength of our supply and data capabilities.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in a quantitative field of study
• 4+ years of professional experience in media, research, advertising, technology or financial services.
• TV, OTT and/or digital campaign management experience, addressable advertising a big plus.
• Experience with modeling techniques to build audiences, including ''look a like'' modeling and profiling.
• Familiarity with traditional TV measurement (Nielsen), digital media math.
• Understand the data marketplace and what data sources are available for use in enabling our 1st party data as well as sourcing additional data for targeting and measurement.
• Customer service orientation (internal and external customers)
• Highly self-motivated and entrepreneurial spirit; intellectually curious
• Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills - collaborative spirit is key!
• Self-starter with the capacity to deliver on multiple campaigns, contribute new ideas, meet tight deadlines, and be decisive under pressure
• Strong technical skills including familiarity with Zeppelin Notebook, SAS, SQL, AWS and Teradata databases are a big plus.
• Must be willing to work remotely and/or in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r7e09p-3-238-95-208-42 in your application.