Digital Ad Operations Trafficking Specialist
New York, NY
The Ad Sales Insights & Measurement team is looking for an exceptional candidate for the position of Director, Ad Experience Measurement Solutions. In this role, you will be joining a team of highly motivated measurement professionals with a passion for studying the evolution of video and advertising.
The Director of Ad Experience Measurement Solutions will be responsible for overseeing the development and ongoing use of dedicated measurement solutions, built to inform ad experience strategy across NBCUniversal's multiplatform video inventory, including but not limited to Peacock.
In this role, you will act as product lead for these new measurement solutions, where you will be encouraged to leverage diverse datasets to build proof of concepts measurement strategies and fully-functioning testing platforms that will help optimize our advertising offering for consumers and marketers alike.
You will be a champion for testing and learning and will work cross-functionally across multiple teams to conceptualize, build, execute and deliver insights rooted in the outcomes of the solutions the team has developed. Some of the teams you will work closely with include NBCUniversal's Ad Sales Strategy, Ad Platforms, Ad Product and Operations teams. Examples of the capabilities that this individual will work across include Peacock's proprietary A/B testing platform, creative testing solutions and more.
We're looking for a dynamic person to bring innovative thinking and an established digital measurement expertise to help grow our business.
Core responsibilities include, but not limited to:
Ad Experience Testing Capabilities
• Establish self as subject matter expert on A/B testing and the Peacock's proprietary platform
• Centralize roadmap development for evolution of current A/B testing platform, including cross-NBCU expansion, prioritization of feature enhancements and more
• Contribute to execution of individual tests leveraging A/B testing platform, guiding solution design for individual tests, KPI development, deployment and analysis
• Partner with Decision Sciences team on analyzing findings from individual tests, working with the data directly and reporting learning and implications to the business, including relevant client-facing insights
• Ideate around new testing capabilities to offer NBCU's advertising clients, namely in the creative optimization space
• Partner across Sales, Sales Strategy, Ad Platforms and Product teams to scope feasibility of solution, establish business case and guide development for initiatives that are green lit by the organization
• Develop processes and workflows for leveraging new testing capabilities at scale
Peacock Ad Experience and Ad Product Performance
• Centralize efforts around ad experience and ad product reporting in partnership with Peacock product organization
• Collaborate across Ad Sales Strategy and Sales teams on KPI development for newly-developed ad products
• Work with Decision Sciences team to develop measurement requirements for ad product KPIs and help guide implementation
• Oversee execution of recurring reporting with performance metrics; Distill key insights from metrics, providing recommendations throughout
• Partner with Primary Research teams to fuse behavioral learnings with learnings generated from controlled experiments
• Consult with Ad Sales Strategy, Planning and Finance teams on overall evaluation of each ad product and ad experience innovations
In this role, our Director will be expected to maintain a strong understanding of digital data and analytics capabilities and its underlying architecture. While daily responsibilities will be initially focused on the Peacock advertising platform, our Director will actively collaborate across NBCUniversal's ad sales organization to ensure capabilities can be deployed at scale.
Our Director will oversee a team of Peacock Measurement Strategy leads supporting the Ad Sales organization, including a Manager and Analyst.
• 8+ years' experience in digital research, measurement or data science at technology company preferred
• Successful candidate must be a strategic thinker with a strong interest and curiosity in advertising, media research and consumer viewing trends
• Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills. Focused on cultivating and growing strong internal and external relationships
• Capable of handling multiple projects in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment; Act proactively to anticipate and deliver on sales/marketing requests and client needs
• Proven ability to work with developers, engineers and data scientists
• Advanced degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Physics or an equivalent quantitative field a plus
• Proven experience working with large datasets on distributed data platforms; Superior quantitative analytical abilities
• Proven expertise in experimental design, quantitative causal inference, predictive modeling, machine learning and deep learning algorithms
• Established experience in digital measurement applications and research tools, like Adobe Analytics/ Workspace or MicroStrategy
• Prior experience with big data tools (e.g. Spark, Hadoop)
• Expert proficiency in JIRA, or another agile project tracking software
• Established understanding of the digital advertising ecosystem and ad serving technologies including FreeWheel, DFP/Google Ad Manager, and programmatic marketplaces
• Strong PowerPoint skills and proven ability to present results of complex analyses clearly
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Bachelor's degree required