The Digital Associate program is a fast-track opportunity for aspiring digital news professionals. Through the program, participants will learn news-gathering and production skills required to be a successful digital news producer at the NBC [and Telemundo] owned stations. Participants will work in fast-paced newsrooms including the NBCUniversal Local division's national digital news team and in-market newsrooms that support co-located NBC and Telemundo stations, to create the most compelling local digital news experience possible. All Associates are assigned a mentor who is an experienced staff member. Associates also undergo an intense week-long orientation that includes training, workshops and lunches with guest speakers. At the end of the program, Digital Associates should be prepared for a digital content producer position at an NBC [or Telemundo] owned station.
Participants in the program will:
• Create and manage national-international content for digital platforms for NBC's [and Telemundo] owned stations, including publishing stories from a variety of sources, writing stories, and managing the section itself.
• Help local editors at co-located NBC and Telemundo stations improve stories, headlines and photo selection as needed to lift the overall quality of the sites.
• Assist local editors covering major breaking news stories, including editing stories, writing sidebars, contributing original reporting, building photo galleries, etc.
• Contribute to enterprise projects that support local news coverage, including reporting and writing in-depth stories and features and contributing to interesting data visualizations.
• Help coordinate content and information sharing between NBC and Telemundo stations
• Be based in New York City and work weekend/evening shifts.
• Bachelor's degree
• At least 6 months of journalism experience
• Must be willing to work at the location in New York.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be able to work nights and weekends.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Bachelor's degree with emphasis on Broadcast Communications or Journalism
• At least 1 year of experience within a professional newsroom
• Commitment to news production as a career
• Strong writing skills in both English and Spanish a plus
• Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
• Multimedia experience (video and photos), and familiarity with analytics and reporting tools are desirable.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj2o5w-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.