Account Services Representative, Entertainment & Lifestyle
New York, NY
As more and more advertisers embrace digital media, the need for media companies to effectively manage their ad inventory grows dramatically. The ability for Account Executives and Sales management to know what is available, and when, is essential to the business process. The NBCUniversal Digital Media Sales Inventory team is dedicated to providing the highest level of ''sales intelligence'' while maintaining business flow and providing guidance on the most effective use of our ad inventory.
In this role, the team is seeking a Manager who will be an exceptional addition to our OTS Ad Operations & Sales team. As a Digital Inventory Manager, you will manage a team of Analysts responsible for the oversight of inventory forecasts, providing availability intel on remnant inventory, and performing checks and balances within the order management system (Operative One). This role will work closely with individual station sales teams on ad packaging, finance and research to provide monthly and quarterly revenue forecasting as well as fulfilling ad hoc reporting requests. This role will work collaboratively with a range of cross-functional partners such as site leaders (local & national), research, sales, ad ops and campaign management to be the voice of expertise on our Inventory availabilities and trends for NBCU local brands (NBC, Telemundo & Regional Sports Network).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage a team of Inventory Analysts that oversees the day-to-day inventory requests.
• Coordinate and profitably allocate advertising inventory for all NBCUniversal's OTS digital sites and partners across various platforms, including, but not limited to: Desktop, Handheld, Tablet, OTT, and custom ad products (such as Spot On & FEP+).
• Oversee and manage inventory reporting, capacity, forecasts, OTS' proprietary Data Warehouse tool to ensure data is clear and accurate, timely and useful for key stakeholders. Define new reports and update existing ones, in conjunction with the Ad Sales Analytics/Automations Manager.
• Provide strategic oversight of inventory and yield management operations.
• Work closely with sales in providing analytical support to utilize inventory efficiently.
• Leverage diverse sales channels to evaluate opportunities, assess risk and inform strategic decisions.
• Partner with Digital Campaign Managers, Ad Operations, Tech Solutions, and the Ad Sales Analytics/Automations Manager to evaluate and implement any/all new inventory management tools and systems
• Forecast, monitor and recommend appropriate inventory levels for areas where inventory cannot be reliably predicted.
• Partner with Research, Finance and Site team contacts to develop, review and analyze inventory forecasts during key budget and estimate timeframes. Ensure all inventory and traffic metrics are aligned.
• Collaborate with Ad Solutions in the oversight of digital ad product catalogue. Recommend changes/updates and create new ad products in response to market demand.
• Work with Ad Solutions team to identify ad network discrepancies with inventory reporting.
• When necessary, handle escalations related to inventory utilization and pricing with the Analysts, Digital Campaign Managers and Sales Account Executives.
• Assist with various projects/reports and assignments, as needed.
• Bachelor's degree required.
• Experience in online media (3+ years) with specific experience in inventory, planning, operations, and/or yield management.
• Knowledge of financial and operational principles specifically related to digital ad sales.
• Knowledge of ad-serving systems (Google Ad Manager, Freewheel, Operative One or other OMS).
• Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint. High proficiency in advanced Excel. functionality (pivot tables, vlookups, formulas, macros, etc.)
• Prior experience in Inventory, Sales Planning or Sales Operations.
• Demonstrated success working on developing business initiatives or emerging departments.
• Well-organized and strong attention to detail.
• Strong analytical and interpersonal skills with ability to perform independently and proactively while working in a team environment.
• Strong computer skills especially in Excel, Power Point, and Word.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced environment.
• Ad Serving software and tracking knowledge such as Google Ad Manager, Freewheel is preferred.
• Effective oral and written communication skills.
• Attraction to continuous change and a demonstrated ability to thrive in a continuously changing environment.
• Self-motivation and resourcefulness.