NBC Connecticut is looking for a versatile and highly motivated digital content producer to create and curate content for our digital and social platforms. This person will be responsible for ensuring our digital platforms have the latest news and weather information, for working closely with broadcast reporters and producers and for using all social, multimedia and digital tools to grow our audience.
The producer must have excellent news judgment and writing skills. Candidates should be comfortable working in a team setting but also working solo at times. Ability to multi-task on a breaking news story, including gathering social assets, sending breaking news alerts and communicating with the newsroom is a key skill.
The producer will also work very closely with our Special Projects team and the larger newsroom on long-form and investigative content, including written and video content produced exclusively for digital platforms.
• Report and write news stories for NBCConnecticut.com and the NBC CT mobile app.
• Share related content on, and manage operations of, social media platforms.
• Edit, and produce and create digital video taken from broadcast and other platforms.
• Identify buzz-worthy stories of the day and engage our local audience across platforms.
• Stay on the cutting edge of trends and innovation, including participating heavily in content and production for Over The Top platforms (including Roku, Amazon Fire TV, and Apple TV).
• Monitor news sources and social media for story ideas.
• Engage with viewers and sources who reach out through social media channels.
• Coordinate with the national digital team and other NBCUniversal Local stations to ensure best practices.
• Manage digital communication with newsroom.
• Minimum 1 year experience writing/producing content at a news organization (print, online or television)
• Demonstrated knowledge of social media platforms (such as Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
• Bachelors' degree or equivalent experience
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be willing to work in West Hartford, CT.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must have a valid driver's license.
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift, including some combination of evenings, overnights/early mornings, late nights, weekends and holidays.
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program.
• Bachelor's degree in Journalism or Communications.
• Knowledge of broadcast, web writing, and AP Style as well as video editing.
• Experience with WordPress, SocialFlow, CrowdTangle and Urban Airship a plus.
• Demonstrated knowledge of video editing tools like Adobe Premiere and photo editing tools like Adobe Photoshop a plus.
• Experience working with data, visualizations, multimedia and investigative content a plus.
• Excellent news instincts with the ability to react decisively to breaking news.
• Ability to work on multiple tasks and stories simultaneously with a team player mentality.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81nwq-52-90-49-108-42 in your application.