Craft Editor / Producer
Universal City, CA
Are you a visual storyteller? Do you have experience working on interactive projects that combine data, graphics and other media elements? We are looking for a multimedia producer who can creatively tell stories using all of these elements across all of our digital platforms -- so if you answered ''yes'' to those questions, then we are looking for you!
The producer will be part of a national content team and will collaborate with team members to create original content, promote the best content from our stations, and provide guidance and expertise. In addition, the producer will collaborate with reporters and editors at local news stations and regional sports stations.
The multimedia producer will
• Produce high-quality, shareable multimedia content, including graphics, interactives and other data visualizations
• Report and research topics and data for interactives and visualizations
• Contribute to planning for tentpole projects, social media initiatives and major news and sports events
• Fulfill work requests, including content production, photo curation and multimedia consultation
• Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism, political science or English
• At least two years experience as a multimedia producer at a major news organization
• Expertise in visualizing data using out-of-the-box tools and creating them from scratch
• Proficiency with D3
• Proficiency with Excel or other spreadsheet software
• Proficiency with Python
• Experience with mapping software such as Carto, Mapbox, QGIS
• Visual design and UX experience
• Experience with Photoshop and Illustrator
• Experience working with an online publishing tool or content management system
• Willingness to follow very specific systems and workflow, while also exercising excellent judgment to know when additional measures are needed.
• Must be able to work extended days and weekends when demanded by breaking news or other editorial responsibilities.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Experience with shooting and editing photos and videos
• Experience with animation or motion graphics using After Effects or similar software
• Illustration experience