Data Visualization, Multimedia Producer
Universal City, CA
NBCLX is a national news and information network that is reinventing news and storytelling. We've thrown out the template so that our stories guide our approach. No time limits. No formulas. Just high-quality, visually immersive, deep-dive journalism that connects the dots between big issues and how it impacts our millennial and Gen Z audience. We don't chase headlines. We provide the context and analysis that is often missing in today's news coverage. And we are looking for a craft editor/producer who gets what we are about, and can push the boundaries of creativity to tell amazing stories though visuals, audio and animation.
The ideal candidate will feel comfortable working on multiple pieces of content simultaneously, from quick-turn daily edits, to something that may take a week or more. This editor/producer will partner with our NBCLX storytellers and producers to create compelling and visually immersive stories.
The right candidate should love news, respect the tenants of good journalism, seek to innovate and be willing to push the boundaries of visual storytelling. You are someone who creates cool videos for fun because you love it. You must be willing to try new things and be comfortable working on in-depth, deep-dive stories or a quirky viral talker story. We are looking for a self-starter who always wants to create video. Our ideal candidate can pitch a concept, produce, edit and deliver it and be passionate about every step of the way or work collaboratively with our storytellers to create something that resonates with our audience.
• You should love to edit and have a creative eye for pairing visuals, text, and graphics into compelling content and be familiar with producing it.
• Write, pitch, produce and edit original videos for all of the NBCLX platforms including our on-air linear shows and digital sites.
• Be able to digest lots of information and present it in an easy to understand and visually compelling way.
• Develop graphic elements, visual effects, and creative treatments for your stories.
• Provide technical support and training to our storytellers to help them improve their editing.
• At least 2+ years professional experience in news, documentary or similar field
• Demonstrated proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud with an emphasis on Premiere; After Effects; Photoshop
• The ability to balance multiple priorities, problems solve, and be resourceful in a fast-paced environment
• A team player who can work flexible hours as needed
• A strong understanding of frame rates, aspect ratios, and resolutions
• Be able to effectively manage your time to complete projects and meet deadlines
• Be comfortable working within all necessary platforms (TV, YouTube, IG, etc.)
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights.
• This is remote position and you can work from home
• Must be willing to travel and work extended shifts and/or on weekends with short notice
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have the ability to work any of a 24 x 7 shift
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Passionate about storytelling
• Demonstrated creativity in graphic design
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Passionate about finding new ways to tell stories
• Detail oriented with an eye for good edits and video + graphic compositing
• Proactive collaborator; able to work with a team to achieve the group's desired result
• In-depth knowledge of current trends in video editing, graphic design, compositing
• Strong understanding and demonstration of editorial judgment and journalistic ethics, including a current knowledge of laws of libel, slander and applicable FCC rules and regulations