The Counsel will report to and primarily work with the Vice President, Business & Legal Affairs, and will be primarily responsible for requests from the Advertising Sales, Marketing, Digital Editorial, Original Productions, Public Relations and Affiliate teams, and also assist the rest of the Latin America Business & Legal Affairs Team, executing various business and legal affairs functions for all aspects of the International Networks Latin America business.
The ideal candidate is a lawyer (3-5 years of experience) that is willing to work on a variety of subject matters, in a team environment, and that also has the initiative and ''go getter'' attitude to work independently and efficiently with the various departments in the International Networks Latin America division.
• Structure, draft and negotiate various agreements and releases, related to affiliate and/or content distribution, programming acquisitions, advertising sales, marketing, finance, original productions and research, including, but not limited to, program license agreements, advertising agency agreements, promotion and sponsorship agreements, media buying agreements, production agreements, talent agreements, professional services agreements and vendor agreements.
• Provide timely and thoughtful legal advice on potential risks and issues, and propose practical, responsive solutions on day to day matters related to the different departments, including but not limited to, Advertising Sales, Marketing, Digital Editorial, Original Productions, Public Relations and Affiliates.
• Review and approve advertising and promotional materials for exhibition on all media for regulatory and legal compliance, including television, print, online, mobile apps and social media.
• Counsel and advise different departments with respect to marketing and promotional activities, including, but not limited to, the execution of consumer promotions, such as sweepstakes and contests.
• Evaluate copyright, trademark and other intellectual property issues.
• Partner with colleagues in the NBCU Law Department to discuss and implement best practices and formulate new processes in connection with business needs.
• Identify and implement improvements to legal forms and processes.
• Perform other tasks, as assigned, to support the needs of the business and department attorneys.
• Juris Doctorate from an accredited top US law school with strong academic credentials (transcript must be provided).
• Licensed to practice law in any US jurisdiction.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Must be fluent in Spanish and English; Portuguese a plus.
• Ability to draft and negotiate contracts to a business standard in both Spanish and English.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Strong analytical skills and ability to work well under pressure.
• Sound judgment and decision-making skills.
• Strong work ethic and diligent attention to details.
• Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to effectively interact with a range of personalities and styles and to establish effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
• Good judgment and ability to work independently with legal and business personnel and with outside parties.
• Collaborative, team-oriented approach.
• Passion for the role with a ''can do'' attitude.
• Previous work experience in an office environment.
• Previous experience in the entertainment industry and/or with intellectual property related matters.