The Coordinator, TV Music will be responsible for music clearances/licensing and some creative support. This position is based in the Universal City, CA offices but will start as working remotely.
• Comprehensive music clearance duties (assisting with the licensing and creative needs for all platforms supported by NBCUniversal TV Promo Music Services including, but not limited to sending out requests to license, generating confirmation letters and license pick-ups, researching publishing and label info and keeping on top of current music trends)
• Responsible for generating music reports on behalf of targeted clients to the Performing Rights Societies including tracking library spend
• Manage and resolve claims with respect to music uses
• Be externally focused, maintain industry contacts and have a solid understanding of music, the music industry and our business
• Cross departmental communication with Accounts Payable, Producers, and Production Coordinators regarding music uses
• Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferred
• Minimum 1 year of experience working with music clearances/licensing. Some creative experience preferred.
• Strong, working knowledge of Excel.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must have work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Exemplary music clearance and negotiation skills
• Established relationships with label and publishing reps, music aggregators, libraries and agents preferred knowledge of the current value of recordings and compositions with respect to licensing is desired
• Diversified grasp of contemporary as well as catalog music
• Experience working in a high-paced and pressure filled environment
• Demonstrated ability to be flexible, prioritize, multi-task, manage projects independently and manage personnel
• Excellent attention to detail and demonstrated initiative; self-starter and accountable
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills with Strong Client-Support Orientation (internal and external clients/customers)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Willingness to perform at a high level as a team player
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5zb41-3-236-117-38-42 in your application.