Marketing Coordinator, Creative Development
New York, NY
The Comcast NBCUniversal Strategic Initiatives (a.k.a. Symphony) team is seeking a Coordinator to support their group in all capacities and functions. This role will provide the candidate a strong understanding of the Comcast NBCUniversal portfolio, including familiarity with the company's many businesses and brands, business priorities, executives, and high-level strategies across publicity, marketing, sales and booking/programming.
Symphony leverages the unequalled reach of Comcast NBCUniversal's powerful portfolio of brands to amplify key business priorities and leverage collaborative business opportunities – whether a Universal Pictures film, an upcoming Peacock series, a new attraction at our global theme parks, the Olympics, the superior product experiences of Comcast Xfinity's X1/Flex platforms, and more. Symphony helps promote content, engage fans, find new customers, innovate with new technologies, and drive new business opportunities for Comcast NBCUniversal.
The Coordinator will support the Symphony team on projects including, but not limited to, administrative duties, cross-portfolio talent partnership strategy and proposals, executive presentations/meetings/offsites, cross-company marketing and publicity efforts as well as event-based programs.
This position is based in New York, NY and reports to the Senior Vice President of Strategic Initiatives with additional support for the Marketing Council Chair.
• Administrative support for two executives – SVP, Strategic Initiatives, Comcast NBCUniversal and Chair, NBCUniversal Marketing Council.
• Assist team in all daily functions including industry and competitive research, cross-company programming and event tracking, press monitoring, and executive updates.
• Aid in the creation of strategic talent partnership proposals for both internal and external talent that incorporate the powerful brands across the NBCU portfolio, including marketing, publicity, and casting opportunities, in collaboration with cross-company talent teams.
• Support coordination of recurring cross-portfolio meetings consisting of leaders of all levels in varying capacities including scheduling, agenda development as well as materials and communications management. Councils include Marketing Council, Music Task Force, Special Events Council, and Talent Council.
• Assist in planning quarterly Symphony meetings for company executives and top marketers, including building meeting structure and coordinating production needs.
• Design and build decks and communications collateral for executive-level presentations to various audiences (i.e. internal business partners, external clients).
• Work on development for a variety of cross-company innovation and strategic partnerships projects including event-based, sales-driven, and opportunistic collaboration opportunities within business white spaces.
• Related experience, preferably within the entertainment industry; bonus within NBCUniversal
• Passion for, familiarity with, and curiosity in media, entertainment, technology
• High-level understanding of Comcast NBCUniversal businesses across entertainment, news, sports, film, parks, etc.
• Bachelor's degree in media, marketing, communications, or related field preferred
• Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work in New York, NY
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Very strong attention to detail
• Professionalism and strong interpersonal skills; ability to interface with internal executives, external clients, and potentially talent via digital and in-person communications
• Highly organized with the ability to manage multiple projects and determine prioritizations in a fast-paced work environment
• Self-starter with strong problem-solving and decision-making skills; ability to be proactive and follow through without supervision, with a willingness to learn on the job
• Forward looking thinker who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions
• Highly resourceful team-player and collaborator, with the ability to also be effective independently
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams, and Sharepoint with advanced knowledge of PowerPoint
• Ability to maintain confidential information