The President of Production & Acquisitions for Focus Features is seeking an Executive Assistant. This position, located in Universal City, will act as the key administrative point person supporting the President and the creative department in constructing Focus's slate of domestic and international acquisitions and productions.
• Act as they key communication point person between the department and key departments within Focus Features, Universal Pictures, talent agencies, producers and other internal and external stakeholders across multiple offices and time zones.
• Lead/oversee all production and acquisitions special projects as needed.
• Effectively manage all the needs of your supervisor while balancing very strict demands of high-level filmmakers and studio executives.
• Oversee all administrative duties such as rolling calls, maintaining phone sheets, scheduling meetings, coordinating travel, assisting with expense reports and various miscellaneous personal assistance duties.
• Secure festival/market accreditation and hotel accommodations for all Focus attendees, coordinating travel as need be, preparing and disseminating priorities and wrap memos pre and post festival, getting prompt coverage on all materials received before and during markets, preparing and maintaining the master schedule during festivals, scheduling prep calls and festival-week meetings with sales agents and talent, attending screenings as need be and providing prompt feedback.
• Read and screen materials and provide prompt creative feedback to the team.
• Assign script coverage to our Story Analysts and oversee our script coverage allocation system to track delivery and accuracy of their reports to ensure materials are covered in a timely manner.
• Hire/supervise the department's NBCU Pages (1 per rotation).
• Act as point person in charge of purchasing and sending start gifts ahead of our projects' start dates.
• Bachelor's Degree.
• Minimum 2 years relevant experience supporting a senior level executive.
• Must be able to anticipate problems and handle conflicts in advance.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be able to work extended weekday hours and on weekends as needed
• Must be able to travel domestically and internationally as needed
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Proficient in Outlook and Filemaker.
• Thorough knowledge of major film agents, agencies, writers and directors
• Prior studio and/or agency experience
• Initiative - Demonstrate initiative by confidently self-starting improvements to office procedures, reports and processes and requires minimal supervision
• Detailed Oriented - Pays attention to multiple details and multiple tasks while minimizing errors
• Organization - In order to manage multiple tasks effectively, must be organized in approach and execution of work
• Team Player - Demonstrates ability to work on a team and willingness to give assistance to co-workers in other areas
• Confidentiality - Must be able to maintain department business with the utmost confidentially
• Flexibility - Demonstrates experience working in, and a positive attitude toward a rapidly changing business environment
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r10jpv-100-24-118-144-42 in your application.