This position will have a strong concentration on Media Relations. This individual will interact and coordinate with press/media outlets/network partners on a daily basis while fulfilling all coordinator duties. Exceptional communication and multi-tasking skills are crucial.
On a daily basis, the individual will take initiative, seek out information from various sources (both internal and external), and have follow-through with executives, filmmakers, talent, representatives, press, media agencies, and TV networks. Candidate must possess superior verbal and writing skills, be resourceful, and think quick on their feet. The position will support two individuals from the publicity and integrated marketing teams.
• Secure talent and filmmaker bios and quote approvals for film production notes, as needed
• Acquire and format final credits for film production notes
• Aide in the creation of media alerts for film premieres
• Aide in the writing of photo captions for film photos distributed to press
• Aide in processing of invoices for vendors, as needed
Publicity & Integrated Marketing Responsibilities:
• Maintain publicity memos, status reports, broadcast calendar, and schedules on a daily/weekly basis
• Partner with internal publicity teams to coordinate arrangements for all publicity appearances, press junkets, premieres, special shoots, etc.
• Partner with internal publicists to organize talent/filmmaker schedules for interviews
• Collaborate with press to invite to press & special screenings, coordinate screening links, and help with overall screening strategy and lists
• Align with press on sending invites to junkets, film festivals, special events, and premieres
• Assist with campaign monitoring and spot checking for Integrated Marketing team
• Distribution of custom content materials, film assets, and debuts to press outlets
• Coordinate closely with publicists to ensure that clips/broadcast materials distributed and utilized by the appropriate show/outlet
• Interface with counterparts at LA-based talk shows to coordinate logistics for all cast appearances
• Maintain availability to work screenings, premieres, talk shows, special events, and press junkets
• Facilitate on-the-lot screenings/footage for network partners
• Work with media agency to monitor TV ratings across all networks/shows
• Coordinate press travel to set visits and press junkets
• Research on past and current industry marketing/publicity campaigns
• Research/analyze media and promotional campaigns at other studios/networks
• Work with in-house production and creative teams to secure materials
• Assist with all red carpet premieres
• Assist with key filmmaker/talent publicity needs
• Scheduling and coordinating meetings/conference calls (on-lot passes, reserving conference rooms, organizing lunch details, etc)
• Assist with travel, expenses, calendar management, scheduling, phone, and other administrative duties as needed
• Other special projects, as needed for film festivals, special events, destination junkets, etc.
• 2 years' experience as an assistant &/or coordinator
• Must be excellent and proficient with PC and Microsoft Office software
• Interested candidates must submit a resume online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to work evenings and weekends with short notice and be flexible with hours
• 4-year college degree in marketing or related field is preferred
• Demonstrates excellent organizational skills
• Self-starter and strong team player
• Strong written and communication skills at all levels
• Candidates must be motivated, extremely organized and detail oriented, have excellent communication and organizational skills
• Experience working with multiple clients, departments, etc.
• Ability to maintain strict confidentiality for highly sensitive materials and details is key
• Strong follow-through and able to anticipate issues before they arise
• Ability to multitask and juggle many competing priorities efficiently
• Experience with Writing
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rbp7ey-54-80-249-22-42 in your application.