Universal City, CA
Universal Brand Development globally drives expansion of the company's intellectual properties, franchises, characters and stories through innovative physical and digital products, content, and consumer experiences. Along with franchise brand management, Universal Brand Development's core businesses include Consumer Products and Games and Digital Platforms based on the company's extensive portfolio of intellectual properties created by Universal Pictures, Illumination and DreamWorks Animation. Universal Brand Development is part of NBCUniversal, a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation. www.universalbranddevelopment.com.
Universal Brand Development's Franchise Management team drives the global vision and strategic development and execution of our franchise strategy and marketing plans to cultivate brand growth and drive revenue throughout the franchise ecosystem. We are a team of makers, thinkers, leaders and rebels whose passion is to ignite ideas every day, in a culture that celebrates creativity, fresh thinking, executional excellence and each other.
Universal Brand Development is committed to leading transformation by attracting and retaining a diverse workforce of the highest caliber. We are committed to celebrating diversity, fostering inclusive, equitable environments by honoring the experiences, perspective and uniqueness of each individual.
The Franchise Strategy Coordinator focuses on the day-to-day franchise management and marketing responsibilities for respective properties, including partner management and sales materials development. Reports to Franchise Strategy Director or Manager.
Coordinator should be a brand champion and ambassador for each respective property within the focused portfolio and should approach all aspects of job with a purview of brand integrity and stewardship.
• Support the franchise strategy team in development of global franchise plans
• Help with execution of marketing and event initiatives for consumer products, games/digital, and live entertainment
• Develop creative briefs and RFP's for internal creative teams and/or external agencies to support marketing initiatives for franchise/property
• Assist in management of licensee marketing programs across all categories including toys, apparel, publishing and more; maintain day to day relationships with licensees
• Oversee approval process internally (marketing execs, brand managers, legal, international) and externally (filmmakers, retailers, agencies). Create approval trackers to ensure and document feedback and timing
• Serve as the point person on approvals through our online submissions system
• Prepare sales materials including presentations, sell sheets, sizzle reels, and newsletters to be used for meetings, trade shows and other events. Serve as point person to upload materials to distribute to internal teams
• Maintain competitive case studies and best practices, as well as relevant industry research for evolving trends and best practices, including distribution models
• Liaise with Theatrical Marketing counterparts to secure and manage asset distribution
• Manage UBD owned assets both physical and digital
• Responsible for recapping meetings and communicating notes back to teams
• Partners with cross divisional teams to maximize cross promotional programs
• Cultivate relationships and extensively communicate with category management, retail, events and publicity teams, including collecting product and sales highlights and success stories
• Assist with special projects such as partner events, brand summits, tradeshows, etc. as required
• Assist manager with property budgets from PO creation to invoicing for respective properties
• Bachelor's Degree in Marketing or related field
• 2+ years work experience, ideally in marketing, promotions, or strategy
• Technical skills: Strong MAC skills including Keynote. Office essentials including PowerPoint, Excel, Word. Photoshop or Illustrator experience is a plus
• Strong written and oral communication skills and a professional presentation
• Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Comfortable dealing with people at all levels to develop and maintain relationships
• Ability to collaborate, take initiative, problem-solve and have follow-through, and work independently
• A passion and interest in consumer products, film/content, franchise/marketing strategy and studio process worldwide
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89y8q-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.