Universal City, CA
NBCUniversal seeks to add a highly motivated individual to our Advertising and Program Standards department. As the Advertising and Program Standards department's West Coast Coordinator, you will provide a broad range of support functions to the team, as we work to ensure that advertisements and program content comply with internal and external standards, laws, and regulations. You will also provide direct administrative support to the head of the department and serve as an office liaison, interacting with internal NBCU divisions as well as the external businesses within the creative community. This position is based in our Universal City offices in California, however, as we are a bicoastal department, you will be expected to partner effectively with the East Coast Coordinator on department-wide projects.
• General administrative duties including maintaining and updating production calendars and current and archived Outlook show files, arranging drive- ons and travel accommodations for executives, reconciling individual and departmental expenses, ordering supplies, and coordinating meetings and video conferences.
• Provide direct support to the head of the Advertising and Programs Standards department including scheduling and assisting with projects and presentations.
• Serve as point of contact for departmental inquiries including, program assignments, parental ratings, the Advertising Standards website, general IT matters and issues with internal systems.
• Act as a resource for Advertising and Program Standards general procedures and approval processes.
• Proactively monitor department systems and processes and implement innovative ideas to improve the department's workflows.
• Handle substantial email and telephone interaction with internal NBCUniversal divisions and external groups.
• Operate the 5 second delay system on live entertainment programming as needed.
• Bachelor's degree.
• Minimum 1 year of full-time media experience.
• Prior administrative support, media internship (e.g., at a television network, streaming service, digital entertainment platform or other major consumer entertainment company) or NBC Page Program experience a plus.
• Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills.
• Superb telephone demeanor along with exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
• Technologically savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office 365 tools including Teams, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Share Point, and One Note.
• A passion for the business of television and an interest in advertising and program compliance.
• A self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to recognize and adapt to rapidly changing priorities and to prioritize accordingly.
• Familiarity with NBCUniversal program content.
• Knowledge of current industry terminology, trends and the media landscape.
• High level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information.
• Possess a positive, open-minded attitude.
• Willingness to explore and learn alternative technological programs, systems and platforms.
• An effective team player with a high level of professionalism and problem-solving abilities.
• Ability to work well with others and collaborate across the organization to achieve common goals.