NBCUniversal Global Distribution is responsible for the sales and distribution of NBC Universal product to all forms of television and new media platforms in over 200 territories across the globe, its revenue portfolio exceeding $5Bn per year. This includes a rich library of more than 4,200 feature films and 110,000 television episodes, including current and classic titles, non-scripted programming, sports, news, long-form and short-form programming, and locally produced content from around the world. NBCUniversal Global Distribution is a division of Comcast NBCUniversal.
The Contract Specialist provides support to the Director, Business Administration – Global Distribution Business & Legal Affairs (''Department'') and is responsible for handling television license agreements and other business administration tasks as set out below.
• Assist with the drafting and negotiation of contracts, including primarily agreements relating to the licensing of film and television content for television and ''digital'/''new media'' customers worldwide in various media (including free, basic and pay television, SVOD, PPV/VOD, EST and other media) using in-house contract assembly system (SAFE).
• Prepare short form license agreements, deal memos, amendments and any other legal documents as deemed needed.
• Identify, research, and resolve business and legal issues (including issues relating to contract interpretation) and provide ongoing advice and legal support to sales executives, marketing, technology experts and administrative personnel.
• Review post-execution agreements and input key deal terms into Onit database.
• Provide (routine) administrative support to the Department in general.
• Provide support on special projects and perform other related duties as assigned.
The responsibilities associated with this position are not limited to the above descriptions and may be modified at any time by the Department or NBCUniversal.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of work experience
• Minimum two years of contract analysis or legal assistant experience, preferably with experience in Business Affairs or Legal Affairs in a movie studio, production company, record label, or music publishing company.
• Proficient Microsoft office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point) skills.
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered.
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must submit an attestation disclosing your COVID-19 vaccination status and, if partially or fully vaccinated, submitting your vaccination record no later than 7 days following commencement of employment.
• Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 at the commencement of employment or adhere to enhanced protocols in select work settings or where jurisdictionally mandated.
• Must be willing to adhere to all Company COVID-19 workplace safety policies and protocols.
• Paralegal certificate preferred.
• Ability to read, analyze, interpret and summarize contracts.
• Ability to work independently and diligently with little supervision and meet deadlines.
• Requires excellent written and verbal communication skills as well as solid interpersonal skills.
• Adept and comfortable working with a variety of online tools and databases.
• Highly accurate and strong attention to details.
• Experience with department procedures and high integrity (e.g., maintaining confidential documents).
• Strong work ethic; commitment to quality; initiative & strong self-motivation.
• Team player; able to work in groups; willing to assist others as needed.
• Highly organized, detail-oriented team player, able to work in a fast-paced, high pressure, deadline-driven environment.
• Previous experience in licensing entertainment product.
• Previous working experience in an international office environment.
• Ample experience with drafting and reviewing legal documents; experience in a legal field or high-volume environment preferred.
• Past experience in working with multiple clients (internal/external) and departments.
• Able to work independently; effective time management skills; able to perform multiple tasks concurrently (flexibility); prioritize effectively.
• Have experience in providing clear and concise communications to a variety of diverse business units.
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnj8b1-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.