The Content Producer will work closely with the Executive Producer, Assignment Editors, Reporters and Anchors to desktop edit, write and produce news content.
The Content Producer will be responsible for the overall coverage of assigned stories on all platforms throughout the day.
• Responsible for writing, producing, desktop editing and gathering content
• Work closely with executive producer, platform managers, assignment desk and reporters, assisting with live shot content and updating assigned stories throughout the newscast
• Take an active role in daily and weekly editorial meetings, pitching story ideas
• Fill-in for platform managers and produce newscasts as needed
* Minimum 3 years experience in newsgathering and/or production
* Minimum 3 years experience writing, producing and editing content on a desktop editing system
* Bachelor's Degree in related field
* Strong news writing skills
* Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
* Must be able to work flexible hours including overnights, weekends & holidays
* Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
* Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
* Passionately develop and present story ideas
* Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
* Experience in covering major breaking news events
* Experience with non-linear editing
* Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
* Invested and engaged in the local community and authentically understands and represents local viewer interest
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejyk2-54-80-173-217-42 in your application.