• Must understand the newscast mission, station priorities and be familiar with all platforms.
• Content Producers work closely with Show Producers, Assignment Editors, Reporters, and Anchors to edit, write, produce and gather content on all WCAU platforms.
• Must be knowledgeable on daily news events, aware of past events, and know what news is in the Philadelphia Market.
• Content Producers will be responsible for the overall coverage of assigned stories on all platforms throughout the day, including but not limited to Out-of-Home, web, and broadcast.
• The incumbent is expected to be a key communicator in the newsroom, talking with each person who will participate or provide content for that newscast.
• Will collaborate with managers, show producers, digital team, and assignment desk to deliver complete local news coverage that is fair and accurate.
• Will be a key contributor for story ideas, participate in daily coverage decisions and be a leader during editorial meetings.
• Will write news scripts and edit video clips.
• Must be able to produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising credibility.
• Bachelor's Degree
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Willingness to join AFTRA as this position may be covered by the AFTRA collective bargaining agreement.
• Experience editing content on a desktop editing system
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadline
• Strong ability to deliver news as it develops on all current and future platforms
• Team player mentality
• Minimum 3 years experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Minimum 3 years experience writing, producing, and desktop editing
• A sense of to learn emerging technologies
• Strong journalistic skills
• Significant experience in the news environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rezv91-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.