New York, NY
WNBC is looking for a creative, results-oriented, deep-thinking Content Producer to join our I-Team. The Content Producer is responsible for identifying, researching, editing and producing in-depth investigative stories relevant to the Tri-state area.
CPs work closely with managers, reporters, anchors and our assignment editors to recognize and build great stories from conception to air. This includes extensive research, writing, gathering, and editing for stories that appear on all WNBC's platforms, including, but not limited to OTT, web and broadcast.
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications or equivalent work experience.
• Minimum 5 years' experience in newsgathering and/or production.
• Minimum 3 year experience writing, producing and desktop editing.
• Must be willing to work in New York.
• Willingness to work overtime, on weekends, and any shift as assigned.
• Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
• Must be 18 years of age or older.
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.-Must have a valid driver's license.
• Strong journalistic skills and news judgment.
• Strong desire to deliver news as it develops on all current and future platforms.
• Significant experience in a news environment. Broadcast news experience is a plus.
• Must be able to originate, research, write, edit and produce news stories with a concentration on investigative reporting.
• Ability to fully envision a finished investigative story; create a plan for the vision and execute it at a high level.
• Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy, credibility or creativity.
• Experience editing content on a desktop editing system. Adobe Premiere a plus.
• A sense of urgency and desire to learn emerging technologies.
• Ability to shoot video a plus
• Ability to make priority decisions under deadline while maintaining a team player mentality.
• Enthusiastic team member eager for collaboration.
• Able to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
• Experience with CAR (Computer Assisted Reporting), with the ability to break down and digest Excel spreadsheets and large data sets. Access, MySQL, or other database experience a plus.
• Familiarity requesting and negotiating for access to public records; filing records requests.
• Willingness to perform undercover work or surveillance as necessary.
• A love of stories and the craft of creative storytelling.