News Producer - Nueva Inglaterra
NBCUniversal owns and operates over 20 different businesses across 30 countries including a valuable portfolio of news and entertainment television networks, a premier motion picture company, significant television production operations, a leading television stations group, world-renowned theme parks and a premium ad-supported streaming service.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. We strive to foster a diverse and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. We believe that our workforce should represent the communities we live in, so that together, we can continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world. Click here to learn more about Comcast NBCUniversal's commitment and how we are making an impact.
In this role, the Content Producer will
• Be responsible for writing, producing, desktop editing and gathering content for all platforms.
• Work closely with management, editorial staff, Reporters and Anchors to gather content on all of our platforms, including but not limited to Out-of-Home, web, and broadcast.
• Own the editorial and creative development and coverage of assigned stories across all our platforms, including but not limited to broadcast and digital
• May be asked to fill in for Platform Managers, and produce newscasts
• Oversee and write the news briefs and daily promos when needed
• Respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and getting information on the air
• Minimum 3 years' experience in newsgathering and/or production
• Minimum 3 years' experience writing, producing and editing content on a desktop editing system
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Strong news writing skills
• Experience in multi-platform news environment preferred
• Ability to write, edit, produce and gather content under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Passionately develops and presents story ideas
• Significant experience in the news environment and strong journalistic skills
• Experience with news photojournalism and non-linear editing
• Knowledge and understanding of various media platforms, including broadcast, digital and mobile
• Basic understanding and demonstration of multi-media file formats and strong computer skills
• Believes that teams are smarter and more dynamic together
• Invested and engaged in the local community and authentically understands and represents local viewer interest
Additional Job Requirements
• Must be willing to work in Needham, MA
• Must be able to work flexible hours including weekends, holidays and overnights
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmp042-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.