Content Producer (Part Time)
We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
*This is a temporary position for one year*
We are seeking a passionate and detail-oriented Content Producer with a strong interest in politics to join our political content production team. As a Content Producer specializing in politics, you will play a pivotal role in researching, developing, and producing content that delves into political events, policies, and analysis. Your work will help inform and shape our political daily show.
• Political Content Creation: Collaborate with the senior producer in the Politics department to develop produce, engaging political content, including segments, written and digital media.
• Research and Analysis: Stay current with political developments at local, national, and international levels. Conduct research, fact-checking, and gather background information to provide context for political content.
• Scriptwriting and Editing: Assist in crafting compelling scripts and content, ensuring messaging is clear, accurate, and aligned with the brand's editorial style.
• Production Support: Coordinate pre-production and post-production tasks, including arranging interviews, liaising with experts, and managing logistical aspects of political content creation.
• Quality Control: Ensure that all political content maintains high quality and adheres to brand standards, conducting reviews and making revisions as needed.
• Political Insights: Monitor political events, trends, and audience feedback to make data-driven decisions for content strategy and development.
This is a Part Time Role 20 hrs per week
• Bachelor's degree in journalism, political science, communications, or a related field. Relevant coursework or experience in political journalism is a plus.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, particularly in conveying complex political ideas concisely.
• Proficiency in content creation tools and software, with an understanding of multimedia production.
• Excellent research and analytical abilities, with a keen eye for detail.
• Enthusiasm for political topics and staying well-informed about political developments.
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• A team player who excels in a collaborative environment.
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmp2ox-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.