CBS Television Stations
The Content Producer will create packages and segments on entertainment and other topics for LatinX Now!. This includes field producing, writing scripts and coordinating graphics, library and video for assigned segments. In addition, they are responsible for researching content, booking guests and editing packages.
• Develop and produce live guest segments.
• Implement work independently with guidance from the Line Producer and General Producer.
• Find and book compelling guests for the show, following booking protocols.
• Conduct pre-interviews of guests and based on their responses, script questions for use by anchors and reporters.
• Manage and arrange any necessary travel logistics for guests.
• Write compelling copy and teases.
• Secure elements such as sound bites and video to support segments.
• Create stock charts, lower thirds, use Chyron Luci, and coordinate graphic orders.
• Partner with other departments as needed (such as Graphics, Tech Ops, and Satellite Operations) to place and follow-up on requests.
• Generate quest ideas daily, tapping into a broad array of sources for ideas.
• Assist Line Producer in the production of the show during and after tapings.
• Report (research, write, produce, present) fair and accurate stories as assigned by the General Producer.
• Gather and verify news and features information for presentation on air, online and for mobile.
• Actively participate in daily meetings with story pitches of interest to our viewers.
• Develop and maintain contacts with community, popular entertainers, musicians and key figures.
• Develop enterprise and exclusive content.
• Collaborate with producers, managers and photographers to conceptualize, write and produce stories.
• Incorporate social media
• Stay informed regarding current events on a national, international and regional level.
• Complete and turn in all release form as and permits as needed.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Works under the direct supervision of the General Producer of LatinX Now! and is responsible for completing any other tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Degree in communications, Journalism, or related field
• Minimum 3 years' experience in television production, including shooting and editing or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Ability to work in a deadline driven environment,
• Must be fully fluent in English and Spanish (both written and verbal)
• INews experience
• Willingness to travel with short notice and on weekends
• Willingness to work flexible hours including late and/or last-minute scheduling changes in a 24/7 production work environment
• Must be willing to work in the greater Miami, Florida area
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU's Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Accustomed to working in a team and collaborating with all levels within the organization
• Proven excellent interpersonal skills combined with a strong sense of how to visually tell a compelling story desired
• Creative and highly organized
• Detail oriented