• Research, develop, write, and produce ground-breaking consumer investigative news stories for the NBC Responds brand
• Generate long and short-term investigative news projects
• Contribute research and analysis on major breaking news events
• Enterprise consumer investigative content across all of our on-air and digital platforms
• Develop and maintain sources that will generate exclusive reports
• Work with station management, NBC Consumer Investigations Center and NBC legal and standards department conceptualizing and producing content
• Minimum of 5 years of experience working as an investigative news reporter
• Minimum of 5 years of experience presenting stories live on-camera
• Impeccable reporting, storytelling and writing skills
• Demonstrated ability to use digital platforms to reach audiences
• Understanding of how to engage audiences on social media
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism or related field or equivalent experience
• Able to travel and work overtime and weekends with short notice
• Must join the AFTRA union if not currently a member
• Must be willing to work in Chicago, Illinois
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include link(s) when you submit your resume
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations in the US by calling 1-818-777-4107 and in the UK by calling +44 2036185726.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk8okq-44-200-168-16-42 in your application.