NBC Universal's Owned Television station in San Diego, KNSD is looking for a Consumer/Investigative Reporter. This position is responsible for gathering consumer news information, responding to viewer story tips , investigating consumer complaints , and preparing for presentation on air and all digital platforms .
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years television reporting
- Proven track record of strong live reporting skills and strong story telling
- Experience in contributing to station web site and social media platforms
- Experience partnering with legal team and working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations as they relate to investigation, undercover content and hidden cameras
- CAR (Computer Assisted Reporting) skills
• External applicants must submit a resume/CV through nbcunicareers.com to be considered (Note- job #BR).
• Must submit a video of own work to be considered.
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be able to work long hours and a variety of shifts, when necessary.
• Must accept Solutions as NBCUniversal's Alternative Dispute Resolution program
• Previous experience as an investigative reporter
- A passion for consumer issues such as finding deals and standing up for consumer rights
• Strong knowledge of journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Experience with digital editing and photography a plus
• Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news
• Must be able to handle intense deadline pressure
• Experience of working simultaneous on a web product
• Strong knowledge of social networking in regards to content gathering and distribution
• Work in a team environment