We create world-class content, which we distribute across our portfolio of film, television, and streaming, and bring to life through our theme parks and consumer experiences. We own and operate leading entertainment and news brands, including NBC, NBC News, MSNBC, CNBC, NBC Sports, Telemundo, NBC Local Stations, Bravo, USA Network, and Peacock, our premium ad-supported streaming service. We produce and distribute premier filmed entertainment and programming through Universal Filmed Entertainment Group and Universal Studio Group, and have world-renowned theme parks and attractions through Universal Destinations & Experiences. NBCUniversal is a subsidiary of Comcast Corporation.
Here you can be your authentic self. As a company uniquely positioned to educate, entertain and empower through our platforms, Comcast NBCUniversal stands for including everyone. Our Diversity, Equity and Inclusion initiatives, coupled with our Corporate Social Responsibility work, is informed by our employees, audiences, park guests and the communities in which we live. We strive to foster a diverse, equitable and inclusive culture where our employees feel supported, embraced and heard. Together, we'll continue to create and deliver content that reflects the current and ever-changing face of the world.
NBC Chicago is looking for a Consumer/Investigative Producer who's creative, collaborative, and results-driven to join our award-winning News department.
• Research, write, produce and edit consumer content for duopoly that includes both NBC and Telemundo stations, along with all digital platforms, including stories and teases as assigned by producers, platform managers and the Responds consumer investigative reporter
• Develop a network of sources and experts to generate enterprise consumer stories on a daily basis
• Serve as the primary liaison with NBC's Consumer Investigation Center
• Monitor incoming consumer tips
• Vet, research and resolve viewers' consumer concerns
• Identify trends in consumerism for enterprise news stories
• Assist with development of digital video series, podcasts, and other multiplatform projects
• Provide editorial guidance; establish contacts in consumer field, manage tips and public records requests, compose open records requests, and conduct interviews
• Perform investigations which may include undercover work or surveillance as necessary
• Bachelor's Degree in related field
• Relevant experience in television news production
• Must be available to work evenings, weekends and holidays, when necessary
• Must be 18 years or greater
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV to this job through www.nbcunicareers.com
• Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
• Minimum 3 years of experience in consumer investigative newsgathering and/or production
• Experience with news photojournalism and non-linear editing preferred
• Field producing experience
• Fluent in English and Spanish preferred
• Experience partnering with legal and working knowledge of federal, state and local laws impacting operations as they relate to investigations, undercover content and hidden cameras
• Ability to write, edit and produce under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Ability to field produce and conduct interviews
• Basic understanding and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws
• Strong computer research skills, and working knowledge of analyzing data
• Knowledge of undercover investigation techniques
• Understanding of Social Media (Facebook, Instagram, X, TikTok etc.)
• Understanding of emerging news production techniques and technology, with a pioneering spirit with desire to learn emerging technologies and invent the future
• Good collaborative and interpersonal skills to communicate at all levels
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access nbcunicareers.com as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by emailing [email protected].
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0jv4e-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.