The Communications Coordinator will support the NBC Universal Scripted Communications Department with administrative and operational responsibilities. This position will report to the head of NBCU Scripted Publicity.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Perform administrative and department support tasks including phone coverage, managing calendar for VP, creating and disseminating TV highlights and listings, reconciling invoices, coordinating screeners/mailings, filing out creative briefs, maintaining editorial and awards calendars, creating tune in alerts, coordinating high profile internal and external executive meetings, updating press lists, booking travel and other assignments as required
• Work hand-in-hand with the east coast coordinators to compile the daily clip packet, distribute press materials to key executives, keep team apprised of all breaking news and monitor social media for all network and series related coverage
• Manage, hire and train staff interns every quarter
• Assist the department with booking talent travel, creating schedules and coordinating on-site coverage
• Support with organizing press junkets, print interviews, set visits, photo shoots etc.
• Collect and write monthly listings highlights and manage dissemination of photos, electronic clips and press releases
• Manage and maintain awards calendar and assure all deadlines and materials are properly submitted
• Assist in the creation of show press materials, programming releases and planning of special events including company town halls
• Develop positive relationships with press, talent and their representatives, producers, production staff and programming executives in order to assist press managers in maximizing press coverage and minimizing crises
• Bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications/Public Relations/Journalism
• 1+ year of experience in media, entertainment, or television publicity
• 1+ year experience with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
• Ability to juggle a heavy work flow and meet numerous deadlines and shifting priorities
• Exhibit strong interpersonal skills and ability to work both independently and with a team
• Strong written and verbal communications skills
• Excellent understanding of social media
Superior organization skills and high attention to detail
• Highly resourceful and problem solver
• Ability to exercise a high level of discretion in handling confidential and sensitive information
• Available for minimal travel and weekend work
• Must be willing to work in Universal City, CA
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3kmmx-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.